Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Project: PC / PS3 Messenger in Development

Sponsored Links
    Update: Just after we finished the sign-in adress checker which you see in the post below, now we finished another part of the whole. The user info reader is finished and ready to be implemented. With it we can define user's PSN nickname, language, avatar and the "about me"-section.

Many user would like to communicate with their friends on PS3. As there's no default application for it we thought of just writing our own if it is possible. So we done a lot of research already, but still work in progress.

The base to work on is definitive there and we will try to successfull finish this nice project. What I can tell you so far, is that the PSN messaging is based on the XMPP protocol, used by several IM-programs like Jabber.

We also just finished an application to filter the real nickname you will need to login into the PSN later. You will just need to enter your normal PSN account name and the program spits out your messanger nickname. With this nickname, you can then login into the messenger environment to be able to send pics and messages to your PS3 friends.

We hope it's possible to have all running soon and be able to give you a usefull addon for the PC, so you don't need to feel "alone", just you'r not on your PS3 and can type with your friends

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very nice and +Rep!

BTW I moved your post from the Dev section to the Site News and PS3 Hacks area since this is basically a project at the moment.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice, and keep up the good work.

Great idea for an app, I'd love to use this!

Keep up the good work, etc.

nice work, looking forward to trying it

Banned User
    NICE WORK! KEEP IT GOING! ORP is indeed a cool project and now this... it seems you guys are an o roll! (... and I know ORP is made by dashhacker)
    Last edited by mihaiolimpiu; 06-17-2009 at 09:36 AM

Nice work, what a great idea, make sure u let us know if you need beta testers.

Whoo Hoo!

Wow, it's about time someone did this. SONY should have done this ages ago so mucho Kudos to you for picking up their slack.

Finally somebody making a worthy messenger. The one for PS3 currently is crap.

Smile

congratulations for the idea, it will be useful.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News