Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Project Idea: PSCN (PlayStation Custom Network)

Sponsored Links
    Hey Guys,

because i follow many of the news, i read every day about the frustrating ways sony is going to block all piracy. Im not a friend of piracy, but i also want to use a backup manager for my games that my blurays and my drive doesnt gets damaged.

i read the news about the block from custom controllers etc on firmware 3.50 and got an idea in my head.

many only services have rules who are not very nice. and so people create there own servers to let the server run like they imagine.

if poeple like jaicrab are able to create a "customfirmware" (i dont realy know if i can call it a customfirmware but for better understanding ill do it) and change the line where the firmware number is written, then it should also be possible to change the ip from the psn network.

creating a custom psnstore would be the solution. a server which contains the newest demos, patches, what ever. but isnt run by sony, doesnt check your firmware, and is only available trought a customfirmware who have the correct ip as the destinationadress.

i saw people creating privat servers from online services throught analysing the packets which are sended by the server to the client. im pretty sure this should be possible on sonys system too.

my opinion is that we not only have to create a custom firmware for our ps3's. we also have to kick sony completly out of our work. that means also creating a custom playstation network. which can be used to play online and download demos from the store.

Greetings
    Warrorar

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A custom PSN store would be illegal because no one other than sony can provide those copyrighted files. So theres a big X in that idea.

For a custom PSN network... people have already thought of it. Are you going to do it or are you just suggesting that someone does it. If you are going to do it then great and all power and support to you. If you are just suggesting that someone else does it then give up on the idea right now.

There is soooo much that happens in sony's servers that we have no clue about. For us to start building a custom one from scratch just won't happen in our lifetime.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes its a verry nice theory but if we are creating a custom firmware then why dont we just rip the playstation store out and work on our own GUI for a store and leave there system behind all together... playing games online with others may be a little bit harder to implement if the game dosent already support the LAN function

but we need to get a real user-ready permanent "Jailbreaked" CFW solution for this to work wel. who would need PSstore when you could have a homebrew store with dozens of free indie homebrew apps to expand your ps3s functionality.... if this is to work realy well we are going to have to start flashing CFW at some point so that are usb ports will no longer be tied up and slim users can finaly reclaim there usb ports
    Last edited by laggmaster; 09-27-2010 at 03:29 PM

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFoez View Post
    A custom PSN store would be illegal because no one other than sony can provide those copyrighted files. So theres a big X in that idea.
    because of the fact that the server would be selfwritten code, and trought packet analysing its quiet easy to understand whats going on. its even enought to know the send and recieve structure, the rest is possible to write self.

and please, next time dont talk to me that condescending. when i write those threads, i know what i am talking about. i'm not one of those 1 post kids with the question "so i bought an avrXXXXXXX1668 and now i wanted to jailbreak my ps3, but where is the usb slot?"

Greetings
    Warrorar

best you can do is emulate authenticity so you can axs the REAL server with whatever firmware/hwid/mac etc

don't be crazy

Banned User
    emulate an authentification only works so long till they change the protocol from the server. and this is easily done in 1day if they really want it.

that's why i thought about a pscn.

i'm sure if you make a custom network it would fail unless its like the "no-steam" network kind of thing where it simply just bypasses their official servers etc and runs private servers.

but that's just stupid and would never work..

NOTHING WILL WORK </3

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    and please, next time dont talk to me that condescending. when i write those threads, i know what i am talking about. i'm not one of those 1 post kids with the question "so i bought an avrXXXXXXX1668 and now i wanted to jailbreak my ps3, but where is the usb slot?"
    How was what I said condescending?!?! I even said that if you can do it then all power and support to you, and I was meaning that sincerely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    creating a custom psnstore would be the solution. a server which contains the newest demos, patches, what ever. but isnt run by sony, doesnt check your firmware, and is only available trought a customfirmware who have the correct ip as the destinationadress.
    That is what I am saying. You can not by any means what so every have a server that serves out demos, patches, or anything unless all of what your server is providing is not copyrighted by sony or any other company. Basically it would only be able to serve out homebrew.

Listen buddy, then if you know what you are talking about then go ahead and do it. Why create a thread about it? I was merely asking if you are requesting that someone else does this or are you going to do it yourself, and you still did not answer that.

You know, really, if this was all this simple then I'm sure people would have done it already. I am positive that you are not the first person to come up with idea. So why has this not already been done... because it is not an easy task to do.

If you got an idea of how to do this and make it happen then go for it and I will even donate to you when you got a POC, but until then I doubt you will get very far if anywhere at all.

That's not really true. The first thing I notice when you sign in is the system updates your news, messages, trophies, and pushlist. Most of the games require psn signin to use online functionality but I suspect this is largely for record keeping since sony is not the one hosting the servers for these games. A notable exception is metal gear solid 4, it has an online mode that requires signin, but it has a number of downloads that do not.

What this tells me is, if you setup a fake authentication server that just OK's every signin request to fool the ps3 into thinking its logged in, the games already contain everything they need to play online on the game developers servers. I have seen evidence to this when playing certain games online and the psn connection gets lost and it does not interrupt the game at all.

I am making the assumption there is no cookie system or anything in place that the game developers servers look for since that feature would be pointless in a secure environment but its worth looking into. We do not have to reinvent the wheel to get this thing online again.

Exclamation

Hello again. I post in this thread before.

I would like to make real PSN clone. I have servers and money for project hosting. I am script-programmer and I don't know anything about PS3 coding, but I can make any front-end interface. I need PS3 reverser/coder for team job. If someone want to do this project real - my contacts(ICQ/Jabber/GTalk) in profile.

PS: I already tried to get contact with peoples from public scene, but they don't want answer for noob questions about PS3 hacking.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News