Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Project: Dual Boot PS3 - 2 NOR Flashes with Switch for Brick Recovery

Sponsored Links
    I want to give everyone the heads-up on my Dual Boot PS3 (2 NOR Flashes with Switch for Brick Recovery) project and try and get some feedback...

For the last few days I've been busy unbricking/downgrading etc. The spare time I've had has gone into designing my own Dual NOR expansion board for the PS3

Basics are this: It allows you to install 2 firmwares - one on either NOR which can be easily enabled/disabled via switch on the mod board. Initially the NOR expansion will need flashing (Dump NOR 1 & flash NOR 2 with the image)

Could be used as a "Brick Backup" if for any reason you brick your onboard NOR, you have a second image on the expansion.
    Primary use is of course to Dual Boot firmware without needing to use your programmer all the time - initial program would be a one-off.

Can be quite useful, hence the reason for designing it. I am quite aware of the fact there are other products available which function the same. This is my own design which is a fair bit cheaper than the current Dual setups.

Once final thing, please bear in mind this is a VERY early prototype atm and still in testing. More than likely there will be a few changes along the way, but updates will be regular (finally got my head round Cadsoft)

I've attached a 3D sample picture... please share your comments!

Project: Dual Boot PS3 - 2 NOR Flashes with Switch for Brick Recovery

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

NORPCB.PNG  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I moved this to the PS3 hacks and mods section and also have mainpaged this project to aid in generating user feedback now as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I like the idea - but one suggestion (I know, it's very early). An external switch may be nice, would be annoying having to pull the PS3 apart to change the switch.

seems like good ...

why don't you make it compatible with usb ..!

I think it's nice to have an alternative product to those already available on the market, especially if as you say, it costs quite a bit less and works just as well. Futher you consider that if it is also easy to use, more people will be interested in buying this future product. Good work!

Very nice mushy409 +rep

To have a alternative product is every time nice. How about to combine the allready posted suggestions and do a tiny second PCB which hase a switch and a usb port to quick flash the NOR and jump between them ? For the connection between main and tiny pcb you can use a flat ribbon cable.

Keep up the good work

sounds great man

but as miandad said why don't you make it compatible with USB it will be greater ?

Not really sure what those of you sugesting to "make it USB compatible" exactly mean but if you hope in some kind of USB Dongle without need of opening your PS3 and / or soldering (considerable amount of) wires on the mainboard then I can tell you right away - forget it.

OK but when will it be to the public with whole tutorial ?

This is clearly in the early development stages so do not expect anything really soon.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News