Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcsx2006 View Post
    I hope this project would give us otheros on latest firmwares, btw otheros on slim would be sucker punch at sony's face, lets see whats happens by keeping an eye on this one.
    Another sucker punch in the face? I think we've already done enough damage. But yeah if we get it to run on a slim that would be the awesome. Im already thinking in getting a second ps3 just to have a backup in case my phat dies on me.

P.S. Thanks for the rep on the other thread.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by f3itic3ira View Post
    "No appicable install data was found"

i'm calling shenanigans on the fact that applicable is spelled wrong...
    Not a fake Just like the pic says "No appricable install data found" lol Looks like one step toward victory!!! You would think of all the millions (or should I say billions) sony has made they would stop... They won't...the rich will try to get richer lol
    Last edited by junior2k9; 09-19-2010 at 11:15 PM Reason: none

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm probably being completely naive here, but instead of re-enabling the "switch" that allows booting to OtherOS (and giving a crippled Linux under the control of a hypervisor), wouldn't it make more sense to put the Linux loader directly on the JB stick? That assumes, of course, that Linux is already installed on the HD.

Quote Originally Posted by jackpollack View Post
    I'm probably being completely naive here, but instead of re-enabling the "switch" that allows booting to OtherOS (and giving a crippled Linux under the control of a hypervisor), wouldn't it make more sense to put the Linux loader directly on the JB stick? That assumes, of course, that Linux is already installed on the HD.
    The USB exploit doesn't enable you to break out of the hypervisor. So the most you could do would be booting OtherOS within the GameOS Lv-2 partition and cross your fingers that the hypervisor interface is identical for the two.

Hopefully we can get the correct xmb xml file once the jailbrake is successful on firmware 3.15. Then hopefully we can see exactly which files are different, what they do, and which are required for the otheros.

Use USB to overwrite gameOs with Linux would be awesome xD.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by junior2k9 View Post
    Not a fake Just like the pic says "No appricable install data found" lol Looks like one step toward victory!!! You would think of all the millions (or should I say billions) sony has made they would stop... They won't...the rich will try to get richer lol
    Maybe it was a Japanese PS3.

Ok... sorry.. that was so wrong. But if it's so wrong, why can't I stop laughing?

Quote Originally Posted by f3itic3ira View Post
    "No appicable install data was found"

i'm calling shenanigans on the fact that applicable is spelled wrong...
    Sorry, this is genuine. I remember LOLing when I saw that about a year ago when I ran the old otheros.self on a test kit.

The easy part is implementing these menus and even runing otherOS but I bet money that Sony has removed sys calls that make running linux possible. After all, they wanted to close a hole not just hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by evilak View Post
    The easy part is implementing these menus and even runing otherOS but I bet money that Sony has removed sys calls that make running linux possible. After all, they wanted to close a hole not just hide it.
    I think its like the 80GB Fat models the one have PS2 emu the other not the same like to te SLIM the fat one has the OtherOs option the Slim one not so i think if you test it on a fat one it will work if you test it on a slim it will not run its a firmware think if you extract the Uptate .pup you will see the CORE_OS_PACKAGE some Flash files and the SYS_CON_FIRMWARE_xxxxxx i think in the sys_con still stay wat wil be install on what system maybe the 60GB Fat neet some file wath the 80GB not needs and else

so if we can extract this package files so we can see what the firmware make wits some files and way the one PS can play PS2 the other not an way the Fat cann use other OS and the Slime not so we can then mod the falsh files but when this will come there come long time. i can't play with the Custom fW loader i have only a X360 Nand SPI and there is no groove 1.1 at the moment so i still waiting for.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News