Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

ProgSkeet PS3 Hardware Flasher Project is Announced

Sponsored Links
    Today PlayStation 3 developer uf6667 has [Register or Login to view links] news announcing a new PS3 hardware flasher project called ProgSkeet.

Currently the official site ProgSkeet.com doesn't offer any details beyond the ProgSkeet PS3 Install Diagrams and ProgSkeet Multi-Console Install Diagrams, however, he did provide some pictures (below, with high-res HERE) of the ProgSkeet device and the ProgSkeet Drivers, ProgSkeet Flasher Software and ProgSkeet Flasher Software Update followed by some more updates in THIS ongoing Forum thread.

Based on them, ProgSkeet appears to utilize an Actel A3P125 IC (datasheet [Register or Login to view links]) which is common among modchips due to its security, and offers enough address lines for at least 2 (if not more) NANDs with 16 general purpose lines and boasts 125,000 system gates with 133 maximum user I/O lines. It also offers JTAG pads, presumably used for programming the device.

Upon completion, ProgSkeet will allow users to downgrade and jailbreak their PS3 similar to the Infectus Mod along with backing up and reflashing the console's memory.

More details will be posted as they become available on the ProgSkeet project, with a video now posted below and a ProgSkeet Review for those interested.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's awesome!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was just going to mention infectus... I look forward to seeing this. My only hope is that the devs don't disappear after 12 months and leave everyone in the lurch again...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Indeed, the hardware itself isn't anything special but the exciting part will be seeing what they do feature-wise on the software side.

If you can read/write NAND/NOR dumps what else would you want?

Yay! Would be nice to have all the features Infectus had, but better. Actually having documented information on error codes for debugging etc would be a start. What's the point in having them when noone has a clue what they mean?

NAND flasher is a deffo... maybe they could support lots of types of flash, maybe then it could be 'universal'. Also better design of the solder pads as they tend to fall off after being soldered 500+ times.

Just a few ideas like

Quote Originally Posted by damox View Post
    If you can read/write NAND/NOR dumps what else would you want?
    If you 'only' want to read and write nand/nor dumps there are a lot simpler & cheaper solutions than this...
    Last edited by mushy409; 07-13-2011 at 11:16 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Still, like the Infectus this will definitely require more than an amateur to solder in heh... it's not like the previous round of "plug and play" USB JailBreak or Downgrade devices.

he posted on twit "it WILL work with nand."

this was tweeted by himself.
    Last edited by KerKid; 07-14-2011 at 03:08 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this is definitely an awesome step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by mushy409 View Post
    If you 'only' want to read and write nand/nor dumps there are a lot simpler & cheaper solutions than this...
    I did not intend for my post to sound so blunt - I really would like to know what other features end-users would like to see.

Just looked at who posted it on twitter as well - surely not uberfry!

Old? pic: s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/330107451.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA
    Last edited by damox; 07-14-2011 at 10:51 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast