Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Good to see my post maded on front page. glad to help out, i was quite annoyed that people including myself were left standing, with no diagrams.

there's now been a release of new diagrams.

i hope that helps out people.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Attached Files Attached Files

ProgSkeet 1.2 Bitstream [121106.2121]

We don't link to commercial sites in the forum, but I will attach the files to this thread as time permits.

It appears the latest according to uf6667's Twitter is: new bitstream for progskeet: 121106_2121

ProgSkeet 1.2 Bitstream [121106.2121]

Hello, New release for 1.2, dumping and writing should be much faster now.

Pinout Table: ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=Hardware_flashing#Progskeet

Well I can say I just got one and I will tell you what, I am having a hell of a time getting this thing to flash its bitstream. I can't get it to take it. I have tried to hook it up to a ps3 and nothing and have tries a lot more. So far I don't like it. Thanks. Will do a full review once I get it to work if I do.

Progskeet 1.2 & E3 Installation Help needed!

Hello everyone , after a week of working on PS3 slim 250gb DYN-001 m-board (NOR SAMSUNG K8Q2815UQB-PI4B).

I am stuck with no success and YLOD ps3... Yeah i know i know ... So i though meiby there is someone that actauly tried the progskeet 1.2 and understand all the pins and bitstreams and etc.

I will attach the diagrams i've been using and which points i soldered. I will be really thankful for helping me out. as well sorry for my english. so these are my questions :

1 ) Infectus/Injectus can i reupdate the tool if i experienced an error during the firs cennection? Software does recognize it but just to be sure a clean update would be safer.

2 ) Injectus/Infectus what does the 1 & 2 switches do? do they mean anything to the progskeet 1.2 board for uploading the bitstream? both up - both down does the operation with success. 1up 2down no joy. 1down 2up done sucessfully.

3 ) Progskeet 1.2 Bitstream 12_121106_2121 does it change the pin layout from the old one ? because i found in progskeet forum 2 different layouts (i think) 1st is the original one pdf file from instructions & the 2nd one is from progskeet man on twitter.

4 ) Progskeet 1.2 SlaveBoard switch : on , off (green light) i do know that it is for nand 1st and 2nd nand to choose witch one to read. But does it actually do anything for the NOR chips?

5 ) E3 Flasher usb connection what is that for ?

6 ) I attached pictures of my soldering and a picture of the list of points which i soldered to motherboard from progskeet 1.2 is there any mistakes?

7 ) Is the pinouts from attached files any different? pinout legacy and progskeet manual. Because i used the progskeet manual for the newest bitstream 12_121106_2121?

Confused, is progskeep solderless or not?

from what I gather only 1.1 is solderless and 1.2 needs a solder.

Either way can someone give me information as had issues downgrading with E3 (not recognised) despite being compatable so wanted to try progskeet but have zero soldering experience.

I wanted to do a solderless install

both it is a solder solution or a NAND/NOR Clip or the new QSB (Quick Solder Boards)

QSB is far more cheaper than clips since you can only used this once, so if you removed it, then you have to get another one.

i have a progskeet 1.2 solderness (made Infectus update) and i even can dump a bin file 16.777.216 the nor is a samsung k8q28 but when i read in hex program only appear FE FE FE... saw that FE FE strings are conections! i use the default winskeet settings... well i don't know what i am doing wrong ps3 CECH2004A with ofw 4.00...

i`ve trim a bit the progskeet adaptor.... like i read and it fits ok! but i have to put more presure on the clip?? but how?

i sending one small video http://www.mediafire.com/?pkcs6o0sfdxuyys

thanks in advance

Hey there,

I hope you could clarify a couple things for me

- first image = that's the 1.0 right

- the other 4 images are for NOR but they aren't the same... the 2 board pics are obviously of different motherboards without indication of which ones they and the pin naming is messed up, there are the Dxx, the D0xx and the DQxx.. are these referencing the same thing?

- also that's for NOR... what about NAND/Dual NAND soldering pin schematics... can't find "clear" info on that, the 1.2 manual states "zoom in on picture for details" when the image looks crappy at 100%... 200%+ all characters look the same - gibberish.

On a side note, I've read the clips aren't recommended, would you have info on that as well? I've been looking around and reading about this stuff for months now and got my 1.2 (full kit w/o clips) about a week ago when i heard it got released.

Reason i picked this over the E3 is because I understood progskeet did NANDs and NORs whereas the E3 had 2 packages, one for each. I still haven't had the chance (nor time or the proper information) to play around with it, I just want to get my facts straight

thanks for your time...

I have gotten the progskeet 1.2 to take a flash. I also have gotten it to read a ps3 but will not write to one. I will keep doing some work with it as I go and see if I can find a way to make this work. Once I do I will make a guide. Thanks

according to what i hear the latest bitstreams for 1.2 dont support flashing yet and i also believe they are working on it atm. im using an early bitstream flashed to my 1.2 and am in the middle of soldering so i will let you guys know how it goes, once completed.

pedromaiaz - it is recommended to set the delay to 200 instead of 50 as your video. however if your using clips i would strongly recommend you not use them as they are unreliable at best. soldering a nor is a very easy job.

i'm currently soldering a nand and by geez its a hard job. all you need is the correct number and length of wires. i always use 10 cm lengths and, once checked for shorts or bad soldering, i have never had a failure reading or writing however that was with a 1.0 so i'm eager to see how the 1.2 fares against a nand.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast