Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So is this pretty much a "mod-chip" that an end user won't have any use for? I am just gonna stick with 3.55 Kmeaw until something, if ever comes for 3.56+.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This will be very cool if it happens

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    These devices could be very handy, not really for the end user but people who offer services like YLOD repair for a fee for those who are afraid or can't be bothered could also offer a downgrading/unlocking service.

sweet, i'm probably gonna get this if they release it

Considering everything on this board could be purchased for around $35 without bulk purchasing (before printing), I don't think this will be too expensive. That said, modchip companies are notoriously greedy.

When the final version comes out I expect it to cost around $50 + shipping, which is fair for the hardware but it will more likely cost $60-$70 depending on the initial purchase amount. I just wish it had pins rather than pads, but that is more of a engineering preference.

We received some more information on the ProgSkeet Flasher from Hardstore. The pricing list and features are attached, and their forum is located at [Register or Login to view links]. Final user pricing is estimated around 49 Euros.

To quote (from the attached PDF):

1- Whether it is NAND, NOR or any other kind of non-volatile memory - just solder, plug in and operate!

2- Blazing fast read/write speed!

3- Beside software-side updates, you can also expect hardware updates powered by customer requests!

4- With a broad range of applications, such as EEPROM programming (among others: Altera, Lattice FPGA/CPLD), Bad flash recovery, more commonly known as "Unbricking" (Modems, video cards, cell phones, music players) and plain serial programming (manufacture of your own device).

5- Supported devices include, but are not limited to: K9F1G08, S29GL128, K8Q2815, HY27US08.

6- Industrial programmers often range in the EUR 1000+ range with limited customer support. ProgSkeet can compete with these programmers all the while maintaining low cost!

SOME KIND OF DEVICES SUPPORTED:

XBOX360 ALL NAND SUPPORT (ALL MODELS)
    PS3 ALL NAND AND NOR FLASHES SUPPORT (ALL MODELS)
    WII NAND CONSOLE (ALL MODELS)
    PSP NAND CONSOLE (ALL MODELS)
    ANY NAND OR NOR (CAR MARKET, HANDY PHONES etc, just send us a sample of the NAND and we
    can add in 1 hour the support to read and write it FOR FREE!)

TRANSFER SPEED: 1MB/sec (ex. about 16 sec. to read or write a whole PS3 Slim NOR flash)

A solder-less tool will be released in the near future, and sold like an add‐on.

FINAL USER PRICE LIST:
    49 EUR pcs. VAT
    42 EUR for 5 pcs. incl. VAT
    39 EUR for 10 pcs. incl. VAT
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looking how their marketing this, all I can say is ProgSkeet have big balls.

Arrow

Here is an interview with the developer for those curious: fronttowardsgamer.com/2011/07/15/exclusive-hacker-talks-progskeet-geohot-and-why-he-doesnt-give-a-sht-about-sony/
    I recently got the opportunity to ask a few questions to hacker uf6667 about a project recently announced as nearing completion: ProgSkeet or “The Last Mile”, a device that has the ability to bypass the PS3′s security and downgrade it’s firmware.

Hacking and homebrew on the PS3 have been a contentious issue ever since Sony removed the ability to install Linux on the PS3 when hacker Geohot took advantage of it and broke through the PS3′s security. This sparked what has been a tumultuous couple of years for Sony and gamers, seeing the PS3′s data encryption key released to the public and PSN being brought offline.

But it isn’t over yet, as new devices, such as ProgSkeet begin to pop-up, but what does the developer of this latest device have to say?

What exactly is ProgSkeet and what does it enable users to do?

It’s a device that allows you to read and program non-volatile memory (NVM), in the strictest meaning... What can be done with it? Well, say you have this new car and want to mess with its calibration data – pop the hood, find the ROM (NAND/NOR, supports both), solder it to it, hook it up to your computer via USB, fire up the software, do the work. This is NOT limited to cars – it can also program flash that is contained in PS3, PSP, PSP Go, Wii and Xbox 360. Large block, small block, doesn’t matter!

For what purpose was ProgSkeet designed and developed?

Programmers used in the industry cost thousands of euros and there is no cheaper solution to this problem... until now. It can match both performance as well as low price range to complete the purpose... Sure it’ll kill some businesses because their engineers are still paying for student loans but hey, what do you care?

How does ProgSkeet compare to say, the PS Jailbreak Dongle or Infectus?

Let me make one thing clear: it was NOT designed for PS3 in mind. It’s just lucky that PS3 supports NVM. Comparing it to PS Jailbreak is like comparing apples to oranges.

But back to the subject – Infectus is good for what it does but it’s limited in both speed as well as support. See, Infectus can reach speeds like 50kB/s whereas ProgSkeet can do 1MB/s without hassle. Plus, the customer is king – in this case, the user can either choose one of the available configurations for flashing or add new ones (MoviNAND for example) – you no longer have to wait for a team to update their software to accustom your needs – you can just read the datasheet by yourself and add the configuration.

The question is: do you want a product that is never updated, limited in capabilities and slow (Infectus) or do you want something that’s fast, has steady support and keeps adding features?

PS3 (NAND+NOR), 360 (NAND, big block + small block), Wii (big block) are already supported. You can add more if they are not yet supported. Just need like 10 pieces of information from the datasheet.

When did you start development on ProgSkeet and why?

I am NOT “the cook” but he tells me he started in like 2007 or something for a school project with a USB core of his own. This year he introduced it to me and I started working on the software, suggesting changes in the hardware, etc. I have sht loads of things I can flash but no device to do the job. I don’t fancy reversing a TAP for each and every device. Too much hassle.

When will ProgSkeet release and how much will it cost?

Production will be done July 15th (I was told), so expect it very soon. Software just needs some ironing here and there but will be functional by the time it can be ordered.
    Expect the cost to be less than 50EUR (I don’t know the exact cost but for sure not over 50EUR).

After seeing Sony’s treatment of GeoHot, are you worried that they will come after you as well?

Well, this is a complicated question. GeoHot “extorted” Sony on paper (“If you want it secure bla bla bla hire me”) and accepted donations at some point. That’s him making money after a failed extortion. In this case, we don’t give a sht about Sony. I don’t even play PS3. If you want to use it on PS3, go right ahead, then each and every producer of flashers will be prosecuted or in this case: persecuted.

“The cook” was *explicitly* advised to remove the sniffing abilities to get rid of any kind of troubles. Originally, it was intended as a programmer, logic analyzer, and pattern generator – all very legal in their own purpose – however, in a potential civil lawsuit, this could escalate to criminal lawsuit, due to European/International IP laws, specifically concerning intended circumvention of TPMs. It’s like distributing hunting rifles without a licence: you’re bound to get fcked when the first idiot commits homicide/suicide. Don’t make it possible and you’re free from worries.

In conclusion, if you’re into homebrew: be excited, but if you’re just interested in playing games then there’s nothing to worry about.

i can't wait till this comes out so i can add it to the list of jb devices i already have.

Arrow ProgSkeet Install Diagram and Flasher Updates

Below are some ProgSkeet installation diagram and Flasher updates from their site along with a NOR GENERAL PINOUT + PINOUT OF ZIF 50 PIN connector: progskeet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16 and I added a ProgSkeet: Dumping a PS3 NAND video to the first post as well.

Just updated the DIAGRAMS COLLECTION RAR file in download area.
    • Added the GENERAL NOR PINOUT
    • Added the 50 PIN zif connector PINOUT on the back of PROGSKEET

Programmer now works with NOR Flash too. It can flash partially in less than a minute

ProgSkeet Diagram and Flasher Changelog: 08/03/11
    • Removed DualNandNew.bmp (this is for prototype, sorry)
    • Added Dual NAND diagram (with the switch), read below for instructions.
    • Fixed: issue with “Test Shorts” – ONLY USE THIS WHEN PROGSKEET IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY DEVICE!!! OTHERWISE IT GIVES FALSE POSITIVE!!!
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

NOR-PINOUT+ZIF-SolderlessPinout.jpg   r-prog1.png   r-prog2.png   r-prog3.png   r-prog10.png   r-prog11.png  

Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast