Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Probably nothing, but let's ask first

Sponsored Links
    Hi everyone!

I just got my Ps3 back from repairs after nearly 3 months (It broke on the 9th march, remember what was released that day... ) and I noticed there was a 1Gb Cf card in it.

I immediately thought about Psp hacking (I think the first Pandora was a memory stick left in a Psp repaired by Sony) but there was nothing on the card. I put it in Ps3, nothing happens. I put it in my computer, I can read it, but it seems empty... Except for 16 Kb but with no files on it.

Is there anything in these few bytes? Or is it just some junk data, or space used by the card itself? I tend to think it's the latter, but I thought it wouldn't harm to ask here first.

Either we have a few bytes left by Sony, or I just got a free Cf card ^^
    Feel free to ask if you want me to try anything on that card, I don't intend to format or use it anytime soon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you lucky bugger! LOL - best wishes - MantaGTJ

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'd have to agree that you got yourself a free 1gb card, unless of course the card is only readable by the PS3 once its in test mode. Did you try using a sector viewing util to look at the card's contents?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Take a Hexeditor and open the CF Card and look whats going on there at the beginning of the Card.

Lightbulb re

try data recovery on the card see if it finds anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderkik View Post
    I just got my Ps3 back from repairs after nearly 3 months (It broke on the 9th march, remember what was released that day... ) and I noticed there was a 1Gb Cf card in it.
    Part of the repair process includes all media being tested (CF/SD/MS/BD/USB/HDD). Basically it does some read/write tests to the CF card (as well as other devices) to ensure that they all actually work!

I am sure they won't forget a JIG And the JIG was a USB device right?

Oh, and there was this guy talking to SKFU about the JIG and the software, but nothing came out of it....

Quote Originally Posted by SCE View Post
    I am sure they won't forget a JIG And the JIG was a USB device right?

Oh, and there was this guy talking to SKFU about the JIG and the software, but nothing came out of it....
    Yeah, the JIG's are chained down to the workbench alas - there are also some USB memory sticks with software on them, but those are a bit harder to forget (considering that its sticking out of the PS3!)

Wink

You never know until you try.

I'll try to check it with Hex and a data recovery program just to be sure, but yeah it was probably here just for testing purposes.

I'll keep you informed.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News