Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Registered User WtfAreUthinking's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    I found this link (forums.celicasupra.com/archive/index.php/t-46858.html) while googling around about the EEPROM on the Ps3. You should try this:
    With the PS3 power switch in the off position, turn power switch back on while holding down Eject button. This "fan test" mode allows you to clean out the Dustmites inside the PS3. It works for Models CECHG and higher. (Note that a plugged in PS3 Slim does not have a power switch at all and is always in standby).

The following requires the power switch in the back to be on...

Hold Power button down for 6 seconds (while PS3 is on): turns off PS3.

Hold Eject button down for 6 seconds (while PS3 is on): force disc to eject.

Hold Eject button down for 12 seconds (while PS3 is on): reset Blu-ray.

Hold Power button down for two beeps (while PS3 is off): Reset video to lowest settings.

Hold Power button down for three beeps (while PS3 is off): Enter PS3 diagnostic mode (repeat procedure twice)

Hold PS button down on controller for 10 seconds: Turns off Sixaxis or Dualshock 3.

The PS3 can enter a special "Service Mode". When it does the bottom right hand corner of the screen has a red translucent rectangle with the words "Playstation 3. Factory/Service Mode" inside of the rectangle.

It is rumored that by plugging a special JIG in the USB port, the PS3 is triggered into Service Mode the next time it boots up. This special mode then accepts firmware code loaded in from the USB port, and allows reflashing the firmware chip.

Each PS3 has a special 512KB EEPROM chip on the motherboard using a SPI Serial Interface Renasas chip.

Citat:
    Type: EEPROM
    Size: 512KB
    Speed: 3MHz
    Voltage:
    Packaging: 8-pin
    Manufacturer: Renesas
    Serial Number: HN58X2504TIE
    Description: PS3 EEPROM chip

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Funny - the only place where I have found that Renesas SPI EEPROM is in the Sixaxis. Has anyone actually spotted it on the actual PS3 PCB instead of reading about it on the net?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sapperlott View Post
    Funny - the only place where I have found that Renesas SPI EEPROM is in the Sixaxis. Has anyone actually spotted it on the actual PS3 PCB instead of reading about it on the net?
    It's not - its only in the controller, and it is pretty useless (to the system, that is)!

Registered User WtfAreUthinking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    It's not - its only in the controller, and it is pretty useless (to the system, that is)!
    Thanks for saving me a headache there!

Do you have any Ideas where the PSID is stored on the Ps3?

I currently am waiting on my New to me Ps3 to get to me!

It's actually hard to believe that no one ever smuggled a JIG out of his workplace and tried to sell it on the net, considering that it would probably net quite a sum.

It probably depends on what contract you signed before taking the job. If a "You won't connect to the outside world before being checked" line has been signed, there's a very few way of getting along with.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze1988 View Post
    It's actually hard to believe that no one ever smuggled a JIG out of his workplace and tried to sell it on the net, considering that it would probably net quite a sum.
    Yeah - its not easy, they are chained down to the tables. Even then a box in service mode is still somewhat useless, not like you can take a retail box and put a debug FW on it and have it boot (needs extra software, signed by sony of course!)

Either let someone analyze it with a hex editor or forget it and use the card. A hex editor is the only thing you can use on it. Try FlexHex or HexEdit.

If the drive is formatted it's probably file system data.. but who knows.

Banned User
    only is needed see a capture info raw or fat for know the content

The spi flash is embedded on cxr713120(syscon),and have the option changue the boot,for example for enable the loader usb0(jig card) and install the factory mode service whith a special kernel and vshmain.

that kernel unlock options how open port,and communicate whith tool pc"objetives suites"

1saludo

I used FlexHex, and the only understable thing I found was "Invalid partition table Error loading operating system"... Doesn't look good I think... I'll try Recuva to see if anything was deleted from it.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News