Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Big Grin Post Xlink Kai IDs for PS3 JailBreak User Online Gaming!

Sponsored Links
    I've joined the xlink kai community but there doesnt seem to be many ps3 users online, anyone care to play any games using this program?

Post your Xtags here and what games you have/want to play and we could get something going, Maybe even a ps3news.com arena/category.

I've got a MW2 (from original disk) lobby hosting now but noone seems to be joining, anyone?

My xlink tag is : DeViL303
    Last edited by DeViL303; 10-15-2010 at 12:47 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    I have made this a Sticky for now here, and those interested may also want to check out this thread:

How to Set Up Your PlayStation 3 for XLink Kai Online.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool, anyone who wants to play just add me, I'm DeViL303! at the moment I have no xlink kai contacts so please add me....

I would like see a online scene develop for consoles that cant go on PSN. All it takes is for us all to get together on Xlink kai! If enough of us get on there it will be wicked!

This could be cool, like you say it just needs more people to check it out. I would like to know what games you can playmust be quite a few. Anyway i will get myself set up tomorrow, i will look up your lobby, be cool to play MW2 on line again.

Banned User
    mines michaelstone... i only play 360 on there right now, but once i get this ps3 doing what it needs to i'll play it on there too...

Banned User
    This is Just a quick list of compatible games I found by googling, Its By no means any way complete! Please add anymore games that you know of that support the local network link feature.
    • Warhawk (lets you LAN 2 PS3 with a 4-way splitscreen on each)
    • Unreal Tournament 3
    • Armored Core 4
    • Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (splitscreen local LAN)
    • Dirt
    • Dirt 2
    • Formula 1 Championship Edition
    • Dark Sector
    • Haze -2 (w/splitscreen)
    • Grid
    • Red fractin guerilla
    • Far Cry 2
    • RE5
    • Cod4, Cod5 , MW2
    • Resistance 1+2
    • Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
    • WipeOut HD
    • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    • Ferrari Challenge
    • Civilization revolution

Any more?
    Last edited by DeViL303; 10-15-2010 at 11:24 PM

I've never used Xlink Kai, how is it? I might just have to start playing mw2 on here =p

Banned User

Come on people!

Come on people! There must be more people wanting to play online who are stuck on 3.41, I'm still hosting a lobby!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    I've never used Xlink Kai, how is it? I might just have to start playing mw2 on here =p
    Not in your lifetime buddy !! why?

1. Xlink SUCKS BALLZZ
    2. because NO ONE and i mean hardly to find even 1 player online !!
    3. not many games are supported yet !!!

etc and so on !!

And thats why i have upgraded my firmware to 3.50 which is why iam glad i havent wasted my money to that WAY OVERPRICED product called "ps3 jailbreak" (and i want to emphasize "" quotes)

Now, i must say those ps3jailbreaks devices and even those clones arent worth the money ANYMORE !!

Just and foremost because now sony has thought of system to implement a firmware updated in the game disk you buy in the retail store so you WILL have to UPDATE in order to make the game work EVEN IF YOU WANT TO PLAY OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER YOU WILL NEED to INSTALL FIRMWARE 3.50 in the FUTURE for LATER GAMES !!!

Thats absurd !!

So, the ps3 seems to be locked behind bars again together with the ps3jailbreak / ps3key etc..

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by metagondria View Post
    Not in your lifetime buddy !! why?
    Not true, Want to know Why? You said:
    1. Xlink SUCKS BALLZZ
    1. No it doesnt, it works perfectly, You must have been dreaming if it did that to you, lol!

2. because NO ONE and i mean hardly to find even 1 player online !!
    2. Are you sure you had it setup properly, There was people on there today.Thats the whole point of this thread, to get more people involved, eg. it only takes about 100 people to be playing MW2 on Xlink and there would always be a few games to join.

3. not many games are supported yet !!!
    3. hmm...not many, debatable!
    • Warhawk (lets you LAN 2 PS3 with a 4-way splitscreen on each)
    • Unreal Tournament 3
    • Armored Core 4
    • Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (splitscreen local LAN)
    • Dirt
    • Dirt 2
    • Formula 1 Championship Edition
    • Dark Sector
    • Haze
    • Haze -2 (w/splitscreen)
    • Grid
    • Red fractin guerilla
    • Far Cry 2
    • RE5
    • Call of Duty 4 MW
    • Call of Duty 5
    • Call of Duty 6 MW2
    • Resistance
    • Resistance 2
    • Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
    • WipeOut HD
    • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    • Ferrari Challenge
    • Civilization revolution
    • The Darkness
    • Timeshift
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Blazing Angels 2
    • Saints Row 2
    • Borderlands
    • Kayne and Lynch : Dead Men
    • Condemned 2
    • Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2
    • Operation flashpoint 2
    • Red alert 3

That certainly better than nothing, some good games in there, Im sure there are more too, that was just a google search!
    And thats why i have upgraded my firmware to 3.50 which is why iam glad i havent wasted my money to that WAY OVERPRICED product called "ps3 jailbreak" (and i want to emphasize "" quotes)
    Sorry to hear you updated your PS3 because xlink kai wasnt as good as you hoped.I reckon the PS3 homebrew scene is going to explode soon, its already gettings releases everyday! once debug options are enabled (They will be soon) getting back online should not be a problem, emulating higher firmwares will be next step etc.

P.S. Haven't heard of one single person paying 170 for the psjailbreak, everyone just used their phones or mp3 players instead, or they just bought a 25euro dongle.
    Now, i must say those ps3jailbreaks devices and even those clones arent worth the money ANYMORE !!
    I got my minimus AVR for 25euro, its not really a clone but its well worth the money, the best value item ive bought in a long time actually,got loads of snes games and ps3 games that I didnt have before, ps1 and ps2 backups next..!
    Just and foremost because now sony has thought of system to implement a firmware updated in the game disk you buy in the retail store so you WILL have to UPDATE in order to make the game work EVEN IF YOU WANT TO PLAY OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER YOU WILL NEED to INSTALL FIRMWARE 3.50 in the FUTURE for LATER GAMES !!!

Thats absurd !!
    That is absurd, Sony didnt just think of this ,Its been like that since the ps3 came out,Day1 , where have you been ? Firmware updates always came on game disks from the very beginning so its absolutley no shock to anyone! except you!
    So, the ps3 seems to be locked behind bars again together with the ps3jailbreak / ps3key etc..
    I disagree, The PS3 is actually hacked open more than it ever has been since launch, There are only about 5 games out so far that require updating past 3.41, I for one think I can wait a few weeks/months to see what happens.

Do you work for sony by any chance? seen another comment of yours ''now that sony have dealt with it and shut the hole''

That was obviously going to their first step, everyone knew that, They didnt deal with anything, they released an update, people who want hacked ps3 didnt update, people who didnt know any better or didnt care about hacking updated, simple as that

Indeed !! I say, it will take another 4 - 6 Years to have a breakthrough in ps3 hacking now that SONY dealt with it and shut the hole through fmw 3.50 !!!

Must say sony stand their grounds for their efforts to counter hacking groups

''sony stand their ground'' lol - all they did was update the console with a tiny patch to block certain USB devices, wasnt rocket science man!!

At the end of the day Sony made a brilliant Savage Beast of a console buts its really their own security slip-ups that have allowed the console to be hacked in the first place if you think about it:
    They are to blame for the leaks of the service JIG ID,
    The leaked SDKs that are being used to make the piracy orientated backup managers and 99% of the other homebrew,
    leaked Service manuals that help with probing chips and bus's,

Also the original glitch in the FW that allows the exploit is down to Sony really, you could argue that if they had spent alot more time and money on security issues in firmware and security issues around its developers they might have stopped the major leaks and made it a whole lot more difficult for hackers, reverse engineering everything from scratch would have taken too long. They also could have put more effort into trying to hack console themselves, and found this glitch before team jailbreak(or whatever they are called!?!

I for one am glad it hacked, Now it really Only does everything!

Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post

Do get it installed and setup and I will have a few games with you , Add me and Post your Xlink Xtag here too , Im going to be hosting an Unlimited time Call of Duty MW2 Free-for-All Game all day tomorrow , I will restart the game a few times to change maps, If anyone want to use this to test if their Xlink is setup properly work away, I might not be playing all day as ive other things to do too but the game will be open there for testing purposes or playing If you want too (I will be hiding somewhere in the map with a Ninja/Cold blooded class if Im not actually playing )

Any other games people would like to play? must be more people out there who would be interested in doing this, Its not very hard to setup, just install the program and follow jd200s guide that Boss linked to above.Also remember that you can use Xlink even if you are on 3.50 and have PSN access, just run the program on a PC on your LAN, It does the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelstone View Post
    mines michaelstone... i only play 360 on there right now, but once i get this ps3 doing what it needs to i'll play it on there too...
    Add me, I've added you but on Xlink both parties need to add the other, thats why its important to post your xlink Xtags here, so we can meet up, I think If you can get more than 10 members in a group you can become a clan and get a seperate arena on Xlink.

I was thinkin ''PS3news.com's Groove Arena'' sounds cool

EDIT: My game is now active, no password, MW2 free for all,must be updated to latest version or it will not be able to connect with me as im on latest think its v1.11.026 or somthing like that! it might go down if my router reboots or somthing but should be up all day!
    Last edited by DeViL303; 10-17-2010 at 05:32 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News