Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It would be cool if somebody can upload a compiled .pkg file

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    In all honesty, the perfect solution, would be a packagine a SINGLE dumped game file into its own launcher, with the launcher ID matching that of the dumped game ID, and each game executing separately, since each would be installed by a different .pkg. This way, it would be near impossible to distinguish a JB game from a real game.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys, I'm new here and I didnt read every post in here, so I'm sorry if this idea is primitive, impossible, or already thought of.

But... I think a randomizer would be nice, but one that randomized to previously played. In other words, I own about 20 PS3 games. So if I decided to launch a God of War 3 backup, it would Fake ID it as Uncharted 2 (at random) which I've already played and created a save for.

This way, whatever ID gets sent to the SONY server looks legit, even if its not.

I may be missing something here, because I'm not sure what all is packed in with the Game data for a PS3 game, that SONY can view over the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Field View Post
    @ Randalf. Thanks for the conf file. Interesting as it was the same one that I had been using. So a problem with Windows 7 at the moment. I've tried using Admin abilities on the cmd [Dos prompt] and that worked better. Now illegal header.

Grrr keep getting 'head' is not recognized as an internal or external command. Also getting 'Access Is Denied' sometimes. And can't find USRDIR folder. Going to try Linux like Xcellerator suggested, but first might try a USB pen as maybe NTFS is causing issue?? I should really be checking that K_licensee thing too, just in case there are check there.
    same here with 'head' is not recognized as command

pretty weird... coz i'm using the dir i used to extract the manager.pkg

Quote Originally Posted by tiefputin1 View Post
    same here with 'head' is not recognized as command

pretty weird... coz i'm using the dir i used to extract the manager.pkg
    I know it's annoying lol. I've tried the Linux thing last night and it came up with Command Not Found - yes I was using the host-linux. Have to go out tonight, but will keep trying. Oh and if you're using Windows 7, try running cmd as Admin. That worked better.

Oh to everyone else. Hi and welcome to the thread. Umm. Try to answer all your questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by maskotman View Post
    It would be cool if somebody can upload a compiled .pkg file
    It's fairy easy to extract the file and edit it with a hex editor. It's just the rebuilding that might be troublesome for some people. Xcellerator got it working with Linux. As did Randalf. Once I work out fully I'll post a Windows 7 version lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmax View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new here and I didnt read every post in here, so I'm sorry if this idea is primitive, impossible, or already thought of.

But... I think a randomizer would be nice, but one that randomized to previously played. In other words, I own about 20 PS3 games. So if I decided to launch a God of War 3 backup, it would Fake ID it as Uncharted 2 (at random) which I've already played and created a save for.

This way, whatever ID gets sent to the SONY server looks legit, even if its not.

I may be missing something here, because I'm not sure what all is packed in with the Game data for a PS3 game, that SONY can view over the net.
    It's a good idea. I believe the thing is that once the Backup manager.pkg is installed on the PS3, it's thought that the ID is stored. When PSN connects, it might send that ID along with file size of the PKG and maybe the K_licensee info. We are trying to hide the ID so that it appears that a demo was installed, instead of the Backup manager.

That's also why a demo should be used, as installing games onto the system is not allowed [though unless you purchase the game from the PSN] - though a demo is smaller and a dummy file can be used. I don't think that playing a backup online will be the best idea. At the moment, it's still yet to be released, but we don't know what method Sony can use to detect the backups.

Timing response of the drive, check for USB device, check the ID of the game in drive. Though this would need to be an easy method for detection otherwise people might get banned for the wrong reasons. Kinda like when MS banned consoles just because of a different drive that MS replaced themselves while repairing.

Also Sony need to be able to quick scan via connection. Manually scanning contents of files seems too hard and bothersome. A file that the console creates and sends back home seems more likely. Ie When you install a game demo, it writes to the server and to the log file on your console, that's why it's activating. So when it checks if you already have the demo/game it checks for an available patch.

Note. I'm only theorizing here. But from what I've heard about the Xbox360 saving a log just because my dvd rom was disconnected upon boot, and then sending the log back to MS when I connected to their servers, it makes sense that companies take this approach. It's a simple small 2KB or so file. They aren't searching through files or save games. They control the console, even if we don't know about it.

Anybody willing to change the ID of backup manager to an actual gameID? I'm not installing backupmanager until the ID has changed, as he is correct in saying the ID is installed, and can EASILY be detected by PSN. Whichever method is used, a change in the backupmanager ID to something else is absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by zant View Post
    Anybody willing to change the ID of backup manager to an actual gameID? I'm not installing backupmanager until the ID has changed, as he is correct in saying the ID is installed, and can EASILY be detected by PSN. Whichever method is used, a change in the backupmanager ID to something else is absolutely necessary.
    That's what the original idea is. Way back in page 1 lol. But I think changing to a game Demo is better. Eg Blur Multiplayer demo. It's 22mb, so padding dummy files is easy. It's SFO file, which contains details about the PKG is set up for install on HD [HG is Harddisk Game]. You download from the PSN a demo and use that as the fake container for the Backup Manager.

If using a retail game, well the ID of it, the file size is different unless you pad way more dummy files ie 8gb+ worth. Most importantly the SFO states DG [which is Disc Game], meaning that it's meant to be run from the Disc. It's not a PKG file. If it detects that it's running from the hard drive, it's like waving a big red flag. [this might be different if you actually download a full game from the PSN store, but I'm guessing that what you download is logged/activated on the servers - using a demo would mean that you'd start the download of the demo so that it logs that you've download it, because when you look through the PSN store, you'll see what you've downloaded already, therefore the servers, and eventually, your console will match up] But we need to get everything correct - the Title ID, the K License, App Version, Version, just so it looks like the proper PKG.

Also note. We still don't know how Sony will detect the files. They may do the 'scan log file' or they may do something else, like check K_licensee strings and compare. Who knows there might be something that we've missed. Even updating the system might contain a hidden file that scans for anything they want. As they say the bleeding edge is the cutting edge, and only now after more than a year of hacked firmware revisions, has the Xbox community created a firmware that is hidden on the Xbox servers... at this point in time. Give it time and MS will work out a way to catch those DVD-Rom firmwares.

So at this moment, there are a few things that need to be faked in order (that we believe) will hide us from Sony's watchdog. Of course that doesn't mean that it's still safe, and people are always going to do silly things, like play online with the PSJB USB detected (which could detect a flag for ban), or updating or something.

I have already modded PKG files. I posted a tutorial in the PS3 Tutorials section HERE...

See here for the ones I made: [Register or Login to view links]

I would think that Sony could just make small updates to the demos and then check it against the backup manager "demo" you have installed to see if it matches. Is that a plausible theory?

What we need is a log file viewer/cleaner, and the ability to uninstall the backup manager and psgroove. Yeah... I think I'll wait a couple years for that.

Thanks for sharing those with us!

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News