Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yea i have no problem buying a clone as long as it works fine, as Kiriller said get some pics if you can.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by randalf View Post
    Hi.

Yes, work perfectly I followed the process:

-Edit EBOOT.BIN and change ID, edit PARAM.SFO to add a new TITLE and title_id.
    -Generate new pkg adding in package.conf the new content_id.

Original:
    Backup Manager / LAUN12345 / UP0001-LAUN12345_00-0000111122223333

New:
    Test Change / NUAL12345 / UP0001-NUAL12345_00-0000111122223333

The game has been used Mirror Edge, which works without apparent problem.
    Awesome work, was going to ask for the files to see if someone could test the edited PKG (Oz Mod already have the free sample PSJB), but re-reading your comments, tells me that it works with the PSJB USB device. Cool, that's good news I guess, hopefully means we can hide the devices a bit more, instead of the easily detectable LAUN12345.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

The last thing you can add is that it shows a friend who has logged into the psn, using backup manager and playing with a backup. I used 2 ps3 and share the connection, and using the game really shows its real ID.

Backup Manager to create the backup of the game Rainbow Six Vegas:

Rainbow Six Vegas Backup be run from the internal hdd.

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

untitled1.jpg   untitled2.jpg  

i'm getting an x3jailbreak to test out on my ps3 demo unit, i'l' keep you guys posted and make a video if it works.

I think I know what you mean with the ID showing of Rainbox Six. Looking through the 'BM' EBOOT.bin it shows %s%s/PS3_GAME/PARAM.SFO...TITLE_ID which looks like maybe it's taking it from the installed backup. Actually that's probably not true, as it looks like the backups are stored in the %s/GAMEZ folder on the internal and external hard drives.

I've changed all to the PKG to that of the recent 'Blur Demo' [NPEB90250] and currently padding it to be the same size as the actual retail demo. Probably going overboard, but if they check the file size of the PKG at least they'll be the same.

Would the Backup ID be showing because you've already installed it onto the PS3 harddrive. I believed that I've gotten rid of all shown 'Backup Manager' and LAUN1234 IDs, unless something is hidden. Those Bin, SFO and others that you've posted worked well. Going to try making the PKG file tomorrow, all being well, but I am a complete noob with all this. Thanks again randalf.

Oh and with regard to playing online. Would that be risky? I know the detail gone into the Xbox firmware [ie Jitter errors, correct speed, PFI and DMI), so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by randalf View Post
    Yes, work perfectly I followed the process:

-Edit EBOOT.BIN and change ID, edit PARAM.SFO to add a new TITLE and title_id.
    -Generate new pkg adding in package.conf the new content_id.

Original:
    Backup Manager / LAUN12345 / UP0001-LAUN12345_00-0000111122223333

New:
    Test Change / NUAL12345 / UP0001-NUAL12345_00-0000111122223333

The game has been used Mirror Edge, which works without apparent problem.
    Really good news & work!

Ok guys, I'm going to speculate now. Don't take my post as fact.

I guess the title_id and content_id are only there to be checked by Sony's servers for delivering the right updates.
    Can't we just change the IDs to the ID of some demo from the store? How should Sony detect this? Or just give the backupmanager a unique/random ID each time we start the PS3?

Oh, and I don't think that showing "Backup Manager" as Now Playing or anything else while using hacks is best practice

Hi,

I think that's what we're trying to do with changing the ID of the Backup Manager.

I've changed the Backup Manager ID to that of retail Blur Multiplayer Demo that's available on PSN. I think randalf used the Debug PKG of Mirror Edge. I've also padded the file size to that of the Blur Demo. Just having troubles recombining the PKG, but I'll keep reading and trying lol

I'll need to sign into PSN, start the download of Blur Multiplayer Demo - cancel the download, just so it registers that I've download the demo, then install the Backup Manager with the Blur ID. Sony would scan and see that I've downloaded and installed the Blur Demo, when instend it's the Backup Manager. Instend of the LAUN12345 ID.

Only guessing, but if Sony checks the ID of what was download from PSN to the IDs of games/data/patches stored on the console [and like you mentioned to send off updates and patches etc], they would be able to see any mismatch.

I doubt they would be able to look inside the contents of the PKG file either, as surely this would use bandwidth, so changing the contents of the PKG should be fine [like me adding a dummy file]. Though the EBOOT.bin and SFO will need to be edited too so that all referneces link up. EBOOT.BIN asks for LAUN12345, so need to change that to that of the retail PKG demo.

As stated by CJPC it depends if the USB devices calls on LAUN1234 or it's mearly a debug PKG booter, but in relation to randalf findings, it seems to run fine with the Mirror Edge ID. I'm guessing it's showing the name 'Backup Manager' from the PARAM.SFO file, which makes sense as the ICON0.PNG is there too. Going to try running it on the PSP [yes I know its a PS3 file and it's EBOOT.BIN whereas PSP is EBOOT.PBP - though the structure of both files look the same] but if I can get it to show 'Blur' instead of 'Backup Manager', then I'll have a better understanding of how the ID/EBOOT/PKG works.

I'm thinking that all ID's get stored within the PS3 and this is sent to Sony, when online/logged in. It'll only be a small file, so easy to send back home. Kinda like the Xbox360. Mine was banned, I had never played went online, but connected it to the marketplace, and then was banned. Remour has it that info on disc media is stored somewhere and is send back once connected to M$. I didn't use PFI or DMI (security sectors) and M$ detected this. So it's my belief that maybe all ID are stored somewhere and sent back, checks will be made and any consoles with LAUN1234 as ID will be flagged and banned within the next 3 months - the first xbox ban came just after the Halo 3 beta test when people were using backups of Crackdown. So if the ID is different and to a game/demo not already installed on the console, then it's more hidden.

Oh a random thing would be good, though I'm thinking that once installed the ID is stored, so no real need for it to be random generated each time. Might be more noticeable, as Sony must know all ID and any that doesn't exist will be flagged. Oh and therefore if this works, we'd need to be able to have more than just one game ID, otherwise, it'll be strange when all of a sudden, thousands of people started to install the Blur Demo.

Well it kinda works for the PSP.

Ok this is what I did. Installed PBP Unpacker. Renamed the EBOOT.BIN to DATA.PSP [i know that it won't load, but I'm curious about the name and ID]. With PBP Unpacker, I then inserted the DATA.PSP, the ICON.PMF (original BM icon that randalf posted) and the PARAM.SFO (now with the changed ID to that of Blur Demo). Saved it as a EBOOT.PBP and transfered to the PSP [PSP/GAME/Test]. Went to the Game and there was the 'Backup Manager' down arrow ICON. What was interesting was the title was Blur Game Demo and not Backup Manager.

Not sure if this helps or anything, but maybe this means that it's fairly easy to hide the ID
    Last edited by Field; 08-27-2010 at 04:53 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nice findings randalf and Field Rep for both of you.

Instead of using the Blur demo, use a demo thats a relitively small file size (ex. Crystal Defenders).

Also, people need to be aware that if the Backup Manager.pkg is changed to either a demo, or disc's ID, there will need to be multiple versions of the Backup Manager, or correspond with different regions (ex. Blur Demo for US/CAN would have a different ID than the demo downloaded in Australia). So either different versions would be required, or everyone would be required to "spoof" the download from a different region.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News