Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What about spoofing Backup Manager to appear as Home? Could you also install the files into Home's folder? As it is, Home can get really large and available to everyone, so it might not be as noticeable.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb2147 View Post
    Of course that's still only if you've enabled networking... right?
    *dum dum dummmmmm*
    it would be a bit creepy if they tried connecting even after you disabled it

any ideas on what those stand for? i'm particularly clueless on "np."
    Guesses on the others:

auth=authentication, obviously
    np=???
    ac=?? central? authority central?
    dl=download
    ww=..worldwide?
    a0=auth 0 probably

if you know what they're connecting to you probably know what's in those packets too...
    Np - yeah I've seen that with the make_package_npdrm, and make_edata_npdrm. Also from memory a few of the retail PSN pkgs have NPEA, NPJN, NPUA. Having a look through the SDK documents now.

Ahh. looking through the SDK in the network section. There is a folder named np. [Falls over chair] in network/np/package which has sample.conf, ICON0.PNG, PARAM.SFO

Oh here it is - NP = Network Platform [Playstation Network Platform DRM = NPDRM]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Field View Post
    The QA_Digest is the K_Licensee file. It opened the pkg as it was a debug pkg.
    Hi,

I think the assertion is not correct that QA_ digest (which shows the option-v) corresponds to the K_licensee pkg, so it seems if we observe the process of creating a pkg.

I do not remember if I told him about a pkg Folding Home, (do not know if by mistake or neglect of the development team), download and install on the ps3 hdd configuration file used to create the pkg, package.conf, with a debug console can access the hdd and recover that file, and once opened we can see the original K_licensee, also as we also have the pkg, we can also see the QA_, the result of comparing one to another do not coincide.

The pkg, the configuration file and are in the rar QA_ may do other tests, open the pkg, recreate, etc., the result does not change, K_licensee QA_digest does not match the configuration file is created on the basis *. conf the sample that includes the SDK as an example, the surprise is that it only changed the last four digits of the license.

Greetings

[Register or Login to view links]
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb2147 View Post
    Of course that's still only if you've enabled networking... right?
    *dum dum dummmmmm*
    it would be a bit creepy if they tried connecting even after you disabled it

any ideas on what those stand for? i'm particularly clueless on "np."
    Guesses on the others:

auth=authentication, obviously
    np=???
    ac=?? central? authority central?
    dl=download
    ww=..worldwide?
    a0=auth 0 probably

if you know what they're connecting to you probably know what's in those packets too...
    Hi,

NP: (retail) PLAYSTATION Network
    SP-INT: (debug)
    Sony PlayStation Initial Environment or Service Providers, not sure.

It seems more than a "routine" operation, but watching for a change in the next fw, I discovered that no matter what application begins in GAME, psjailbreak, backup game, bluray disc, demo pkg, etc, the connection is identical in any case.

The system software checks the patch server for the existence of a patch:

- Immediately after application startup
    - When the network becomes usable (immediately after obtaining the IP address)

As a curiosity the difference between Np and Sp-int is:
    auth.np.ac.playstation.net --> us.sp-int.stun.playstation.net
    a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net --> nsx.sec.sp-int.dl.playstation.net

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Randalf, as always you open my mind and yet annoy me [but in a good way lol], I think I'm getting somewhere and then you bring me down.

I'm confused. I was going by your statement regarding the 'Pain' pkg as shown below.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-de...me-111504.html

Hi,

I tested with the same pkg that you, (pain.pkg), and it was not necessary to change the name of EBOOT.BIN by EBOOT.SELF.
    EBOOT.BIN it will include the file into our .pkg, as you rightly say it includes the app this file,not that does not work for you,it is possible to operate in one way or another.

A note on package.conf:

DRM type.
    "Local" for content sold through the PLAYSTATIONŽStore, with charge.
    "Free" for demo and trial versions.

content type.
    "GameData" for game data
    "GameExec" for HDD boot games.

k_licensee
    k_licensee as a hexadecimal string beginning with 0x
    For example; k_license PAIN.PKG is: 0x5C2B91F749ED6F9B05255F8E1AF6AAF0

From Retail PS3 game into a debug hdd boot game thread:

This Pain was taken from the debug PAIN EP90001-NPEA00054_00_PAIN000100000000.pkg

When make_package_npdrm -c abovepkg

It shows the Content ID, DRM type, Content Type, Package Version, and #QA Digest which is the same number/string. So assumed that this was the K_license. But copying the hex from a retail pkg and pasting it into a debug pkg I'm able to see the retail K_license. I'm hoping.

Looking at the package.conf and the checking package-validity and I noticed two things. One was yes the different strings for QA and KL, but the package version is different too (00.00 vs 00.90)

Oh and I never knew about the Folding @ Home pkg. So .. my head hurts now. Will have to re-read a few times. So does my tutorial on ninja backup manager hold any water. Maybe the truth isn't spot on, but will it work?

Please have a look at the below address

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...er-112443.html

Thanks again randalf. Your wealth of information is great and much appreciated.

If I remember :
    you check the pkg without being decompressed, it shows the K_L
    I check the uncompressed+compressed license displays I've used

QA has 32 digits, letters and numbers, the K_licensee also 32 digits, letters and numbers, you can use and copy and paste.
    it or create it manually by adding each letter and number, or use the examples of the sdk, etc. ..

is indicated in the manuals and must take it for 100% sure:

"When NPDRM Creating the package, k_licensee specify, Which Is an Arbitrary licensee key "
    "This is a 16-byte....." "so the NPDRM file for the user has access rights Freely Will Not be read by Another program That was started up by That user."

K_licensee just seems to be used by the system, would be very long and I think it is useless to copy all of which refer to the license, all functions are similar to this:

sceNpDrmIsAvailable
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check access rights for an NPDRM file

Definition
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #include <np/drm.h>
    int sceNpDrmIsAvailable
    const SceNpDrmKey *k_licensee,
    const char *path

Arguments
    k_licensee Key specified when NPDRM package is created
    path NPDRM file path

I do not know the subject, I can only be guided by the manual or documentation indicating, nothing more.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Thank you randalf. Mmm starting to make sense now. Going to have a think about this. So really, as you've stated before, I don't really need to go to the trouble of copying the K_licensee as this might even be checked by Sony - as detailed in my tutorial. Could this be more problematic in the end.

Thanks again randalf, you're like Yoda and I'm still a young Padawan. Also if you get a chance, what is the letter/code (ie make_package_npdrm -* APP.pkg) for checking K_licensee, or should I be more concerned with copying QA_Digest from the retail to backup manager, or should I not bother lol

xcellerator i tried your mw2 patches, they did not work

Quote Originally Posted by weman101 View Post
    xcellerator i tried your mw2 patches, they did not work
    Please go here then: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...er-112443.html

Sorry, it is a big read but should help you out. If you have any questions, let me know. Also I'll be updating it soon.

i wanted to let everyone know that you CAN change the directories for Backup Manager. I followed the steps in this thread to change my backup manager to a PSN demo download. I changed all references from GAMEZ to GDATA. So i changed the folder structure to put games in NPUBXXXXX\GDATA\ and all works well. It even plays the PSN demo's music and picture when i select it on the XMB.
    Last edited by juicerc51; 09-11-2010 at 10:15 AM

Quote Originally Posted by juicerc51 View Post
    i wanted to let everyone know that you CAN change the directories for Backup Manager. I followed the steps in this thread to change my backup manager to a PSN demo download. I changed all references from GAMEZ to GDATA. So i changed the folder structure to put games in NPUBXXXXX\GDATA\ and all works well. It even plays the PSN demo's music and picture when i select it on the XMB.
    Thanks Juicerc51. Actually GDATA is a smart move. I was scratching my head for ages trying to come up with a 'what Sony would use' type folder name. GDATA seems logical.

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News