Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Possible small PS3 XMB hack

Sponsored Links
    I dont know if this has been posted before but it appears that Sony can add applications and weblinks to XMB using XML while trying to get around the 3.21 firmware lock out I installed PS3 proxy server and followed the tutorials but when the PS3 connected to the PSN it downloaded this file.

[Register or Login to view links]

It appears that the PS3 only downloads this file every so often ( I tried redirecting the Iplayer link to Youtube and it didnt work)

I managed to change the Now TV link countries location to "UK" and it appeared on my XMB but only when I logged into the Hong Kong PSN. (It didnt appear when I logged onto the Hong Kong PSN just before hand)

My guess is that the PS3 checks the server and decides to download the updated TV services XML file every so often. But also allows for the possibility of the Now TV PKG to be replaced with another PKG file which might be a way of getting PKG files installed onto the XMB.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try uninstalling Life@PlayStation and see what it loads when it goes to install that. That, if this can be used as a hack at all, may be our way in for all countries.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yo guys, I've done this stuff before when I figured out how to replace the information board files and such, that was < 3.0.

if my little trick still works, you should still also be able to uninstall life with playstation, then install the old "Folding@Home" by redirecting it.

that worked, but last I had a ps3 was fw 2.85 or something.

I dont know if you guys would nessescarily need to change the region of the console. Just change the country that recieves that service in the XML file. it doesnt appear to be very region specific the XML file as services from Korea and Hong Kong are listed, The Hong Kong one even has an app and an identification number for that app.

so for example Koreas Kook TV the package ID is HP9000-NPHA70006_00-0000000000000100

and the file name for Koreas Kook TV is HP9000-NPHA70006_00-0000000000000100.pkg

The file name for Warhawk is
    Code:
    http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/UP9000/NPUA80077_00/PiOKrdd6wHsvoi1JdDjKeqlRICTBuSEWgQMO1I00ukrEKfssXSSjCNq5YjTFgPaPupBV4FOY9E7LAVTew1yJ15BOyFWwKULlp9mcO.pkg?product=0083&amp;country=us
    So my guess is Warhawks Package ID would be UP9000-NPUA80077_00-0000000000000083

so you could produce a legitimate package ID and download URL.

afaik though the problem with replacing pkgs that have DRM on them is that it won't have the authorization. So you could replace Life@PlayStation with Warhawk, but it won't run, and will just be a waste of space and time. At least when I tried stuff like this, it did that.

As for the TV stuff, I have some international accounts, but they seem to do more checks with GeoIP, because even on my EU account, I cannot access VidZone. Says I'm not in a valid country or something. Maybe I did that wrong.

Registered User infernoassassin's Avatar

Lightbulb

i also try some ways. how about to make a copy of psn and make all data free i mean i already hacked a whole site with ubuntu i got all orders and images and scripts from sites source.

Quote Originally Posted by zefie View Post
    As for the TV stuff, I have some international accounts, but they seem to do more checks with GeoIP, because even on my EU account, I cannot access VidZone. Says I'm not in a valid country or something. Maybe I did that wrong.
    If the problem should be only GeoIP it could be likely tricked setting the IP to a "suitable" one and connecting through a proxy and using a compatible dns, however afaik there is no plenty of overpowered free proxies around thus it could be slow even if it should work...

Not to mention thath if SSL would be required the proxy thing would go nowhere...
    Last edited by moneymaker; 04-04-2010 at 12:08 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News