Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Portal 2 Confirmed as First PS3 3.60 Firmware Encrypted Game

Sponsored Links
    Today Portal 2 has been confirmed as the first PS3 3.60 Firmware encrypted game, however, as it spreads on torrent sites PlayStation 3 hackers are already examining potential work-arounds to get the game running for PS3 Custom Firmware users.

To quote: We all knew this day would be coming, just like before with the v3.50!

Yep, all the rumors were right! -- Portal 2 would be the first game that was pressed using the currently unreleased APP v3.60 keys!

If you are looking to enjoy the sequel to the acclaimed Valve's puzzle-action hybrid, the Portal 2, then you need to learn to setup your own portal, because playing it on a 3.55 CFW console right now is not possible.

You are looking at different sets of method being tested such as the famous PARAM.SFO editing, EBOOT decrypting, it's just useless without the 3.60 keys. To say that the upcoming L.A. Noire is on the same ride will be my heartbreaking May moment.

So, I hope someone will find the solution for this or just roll on the 3.60 CFW already! But remember to eat some cheese with all that wine!

Something always unfolds in the scene, to get you back into the 'gaming'!

Portal 2 Confirmed as First PS3 3.60 Firmware Encrypted Game

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hopefully this is only a temporary problem as I'm sure there are a lot of talented hard working devs on the job. There probably already are solutions but with the heat on no one wants to take a chance...

We all knew this day was coming. My laser died on my original launch 60GB PS3, so I picked up a used PS3 slim real cheap (as much as it absolutely pains me to buy another Sony product - but at least it was used). My original PS3 will never have network access again and I stayed on 3.55 (good thing too since the laser died). So now I have an emulator box, and another PS3 so I can enjoy upcoming games.

Either way, I always purchased all of my PS3 games. It sucks that I wouldn't be able to play new games even if I purchased them because I choose not to upgrade my firmware. I really wish consoles never had internet access. I long for the Nintendo/Super Nintendo/N64 days, but at least my old PS3 lets me play all of those games now :-)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, sooner or later someone will anonymously release a fix probably. After all the recent legal action, it probably wouldn't be wise for a known PS3 Dev/hacker to post such a thing themselves as that would only make them the next target for Sony.

Banned User
    Makes sense that Portal 2 was the first, after all VALVe is probably the leader in PC piracy prevention.

If only we were able to emulate FW's. Just imagine, being able to emulate any FW Sony releases on a 3.55 PS3 so it can run games as if it actually was that FW. Which would mean PSN access, and the ability to play backup games with the updated keys.

A man can dream, a man can dream...

it`s a huge challenge for everyone. but i`m sure, that if finds someone it, then it will be released anonymously. i`d be happy if i had more time

Lightbulb

Have anyone test this :-

1- in pc open CODServer.exe
    2- Without Spoof 3.60 go to signin
    3- Boom messege update to 3.60 ofw
    4- Go to pc and you will see all keys on CODServer.exe was downloaded

Well, we all know about this, is amazing to see how the ps3 is always a challenge for the hackers, maybe this Will open the road for a 3.60 cfw.

PS3 Portal 2 Eboot Fix to Run on CFW 3.55 WIP

Hey guys while surfing i found this and thought i would post it. If anyone has the blus version of portal 2 then test and report back!

From Mateo Godlike at: mateogodlike.com/2011/05/ps3-portal-2-eboot-fix-to-run-on-cfw.html
    PS3 Portal 2 Eboot Fix to Run on CFW 3.55

I have been working on getting Portal 2 to work on CFW 3.55 since their has been NO release of a newer CFW.

THIS IS ONLY FOR USA BLUS-30732
    Because I do not have a EUR/JAP Copy of the game

[Register or Login to view links] Eboot.Bin

Its a Work in Progress and I need some testers for the Final Product.
    If it chokes on Installing Game try using Rebug DEX Selector.
    Sent from my X10mini using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by DAXGr; 05-19-2011 at 04:19 AM

i have the us will report back in a few..

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    i have the us will report back in a few..
    Hours??? seriously what happened?

Sent from my X10mini using Tapatalk.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News