Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Pocket Blu: iPhone Blu-ray Player and PS3 Remote Control Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Today PS3Center.net (linked above) has ran across a free new iPhone application dubbed [Register or Login to view links], which essentially turns your iPhone into a Blu-ray player and PS3 remote control.

It can be downloaded from the [Register or Login to view links] and is being labeled as "the perfect utility application to compliment your Blu-ray movie watching experience."

The app is also also available for Blackberry and Android devices.

Requirements:

- Pocket BLU enabled Blu-ray discs
    - BD-Live enabled Blu-ray player
    - Pocket BLU enabled device
    - Wi-Fi connection

Current Pocket BLU enabled Blu-ray discs: Bruno, Funny People, Public Enemies, Inglourious Basterds, American Pie 7 - American Pie Presents: Book of Love, 9, Smokin' Aces 2: Assassin's Ball, Couples Retreat, Cirque du Freak, and Fourth Kind.

Pocket Blu: iPhone Blu-ray Player and PS3 Remote Control Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Funny piece of technology but... at the end it's a bit a chindōgu... I mean, when you have your 99" display and a regular controller for PS3 having this software installed onto an handheld device is... not so much of use, fun for sure but...

And I put no words onto watching a BD onto an iPhone as a remote display...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So basically... it's the same as Remote Play which has been around for a long time now for the PSP and even the Sony Ericsson AINO.

Quote Originally Posted by fshskyline99 View Post
    So basically... it's the same as Remote Play which has been around for a long time now for the PSP and even the Sony Ericsson AINO.
    It would seem so, nice app on the face of it though. IRemote is another I like.

While this is cool, it is not that useful. I guess this the first iteration of it but still... It would be nice if it controlled all playback and could be used to browse though the media shared through say ps3 media server. That way you could be able to do some awesome remote song selection in a party situation and make up an on the fly playlist as well all while having the TV turned off

That's what I would like to see. Being able to fast forward and view "selected" content on my iphone doesn't grab me. Also it doesn't work through bluetooth...

Yeah, it's too restricted for now: you must have pocket-blu-enabled discs, or else it won't connect.

You don't even get an error message.

Unhappy

I can't imagine myself using this either. Really... I have a remote for my bluray player and that's all I should need. If I want to watch special features, I want them on my tv, not my phone. If I was just using my ps3 controller for movies, then I might be able to see this as cool, if it worked as a remote for every movie... but it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferis View Post
    If I was just using my ps3 controller for movies, then I might be able to see this as cool, if it worked as a remote for every movie... but it doesn't.
    Yeah. If it were a 'software Blu-ray remote', then people who already had one of those smartphones could get this instead of a PS3 Blu-ray remote. I could see a limited market for that. Even more interesting would be something that allowed a smartphone to emulate a PS3 controller.

But this... I can't imagine what the sales pitch was to make anyone think it was a marketable idea.

I'd like to see a PS3 media remote control app for my Android smartphone.

Reason being, I never bought one of those PS3 Blu Ray remotes. But I would be willing to buy a real physical remote before I paid for an app. The app would have to be free or only a few bucks to get my attention.

Arrow

This is a more interesting thing instead..

Basically nearly the same but...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast