Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PlayTV on ps3 debug unit?

Sponsored Links
    Hello,

I recently bought PlayTV for my PS3 debug unit. It works fine, but for some unknown reasons, PlayTV refuses to perform any firmware update.

It is on firmware 1.00. When I try to update it, it says that the latest version of the software in installed.

Has anyone experienced this problem? It there a way to manually download and install this software?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    update to the latest update in the debug download section

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Although upgrading a unit is never the best idea - to use your play tv, you are going to need to upgrade your firmware.

You can not just modify the PlayTv software as certain files that are required in later Firmware versions are in the firmware.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have debug firmware 2.70 on my ps3, and I thought that it enough to be able to upgrade PlayTV.

I will try the 2.80 and keep you updated!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ElCondor View Post
    I recently bought PlayTV for my PS3 debug unit. It works fine, but for some unknown reasons, PlayTV refuses to perform any firmware update.

It is on firmware 1.00. When I try to update it, it says that the latest version of the software in installed.

Has anyone experienced this problem? It there a way to manually download and install this software?
    Hi, Dunno if this will help you but I had the same problem with playTv..

To resolve it heres what I did:

1: Backed up my PS3 data to a USB hard drive..

2: Moved all my recordings from the PlayTv Lib to Home Folder and then copied them to the USB hard drive.

3: Turn PS3 off completely, then back on again BUT hold down the power button untill the PS3 beeps twice then let go. It should come up with a message saying plug a controller in to a USB lead on the PS3, once you do this and press the PS button on the controller it will give you a few options. I selected restore to default settings (oslt) After the PS3 reboots, I did a format from the format util (under system settings) and then re-entered all my info (user name, select theme, network settings ETC) I then checked for updated for PS3 firmware to 2:80.

4: Next I restored my backed up files and then I installed the software that came on disk with PlayTv and run the update to version 1.10 Next time you want to update you will need to go to settings (in playTv), scroll to the bottom to the ABOUT section under HELP..selected that and then selected update from the bottom).

My PS3 Firmware is 2.80
    My PlayTv software version now is 1.10.

Now it is all running fine (for me) I am gonna stay with my 2.80 FW and PlayTv 1.10 as you never know what magic tricks are up the sleeves of some ppl out there" Who would want to end up in a OFW situation where there could be "another" option later down the line!

Anyways..
    A bit of a long winded way around this and maybe there is a more efficient solution but this is what worked for me.

Hello,

After trying serveral stuff, I finally managed to have PlayTV on my debug PS3 download the PlayTV software update.

However, it fails to install it! I got the message "An error occurred during the install operation", Code 80029567.

Any ideas about this error code (My debug PS3 is on debug firware 2.80)?

Thanks

Banned User
    Hi ElCondor,

You can't install retail packages on debug unit on fw 2.80, you have to downgrade on 1.5 fw or less if you want to install them fine

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by ElCondor View Post
    download the PlayTV software update.
    Can you please use ps3proxy and get the link for the playtv update?

It would be appreciated and I'd +rep ya!

Hello,

Is is straightforward to downgrade to firmware 1.50 and upgrade again?

Cheers

Yep - depending on your console. Namely, it needs to be a old unit (60GB), to go back that far - you install the 1.50 PUP, you go down, and then you can upgrade it back!

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News