Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28



  1. #21
    Registered User smarty94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    72
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    Simply put no.
    But there might be a long winded workaround (like playing PS3 Backups on debug consoles).

  2. #22
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    414
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by smarty94 View Post
    But there might be a long winded workaround (like playing PS3 Backups on debug consoles).
    Yea maybe... but I am not one to get into matters that concern piracy/warez.

    But his question was answered honestly, i.e. official tools don't support what he described.

  3. #23
    Registered User DRSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't talk about BD Backup at all

    SDK Tools let you create .pkg and I just would like to know if retail .pkg are modified when they are installed on < 1.6 TestKit
    Or is it just a check added in > 1.5 Debug firmware that disable retail .pkg install
    If files are modified, we can get them back on PC and rebuild pkg

    Hope you understand my really bad english idone

    Another question how can I access PSN Debug Link ?
    It ask me to login
    Last edited by DRSS; 10-21-2009 at 06:35 AM

  4. #24
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,840

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by DRSS View Post
    Another question how can I access PSN Debug Link ?
    It ask me to login
    Check the Sticky thread in the PS3 Dev Forum for the current password (it changes regularly).

  5. #25
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSS View Post
    I don't talk about BD Backup at all

    SDK Tools let you create .pkg and I just would like to know if retail .pkg are modified when they are installed on < 1.6 TestKit
    Or is it just a check added in > 1.5 Debug firmware that disable retail .pkg install
    If files are modified, we can get them back on PC and rebuild pkg

    Hope you understand my really bad english idone
    Hi DRSS,

    Your english is good, and i understand you don't speak of disc backups.

    But the fact does remain the same, even if you are able to install the retail package on lower firmware and get the data to your pc... you can't rebuild the package.

    Hope this makes it clear for you

  6. #26
    Registered User DRSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thank's for our answer.
    PS3 Test Kit is not an easy system to use
    We really need a generic patcher like 360 XDK users.

  7. #27
    Senior Member shummyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    740

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by DRSS View Post
    We really need a generic patcher like 360 XDK users.
    That would be a very good idea.

  8. #28
    Registered User RexVF5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSS View Post
    Thank's for our answer.
    PS3 Test Kit is not an easy system to use
    We really need a generic patcher like 360 XDK users.
    Guys, this is hollow talk done here many times. So far the PS3 security hasn't been broken so what you describe cannot be done...

 

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News