Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't think he is selling access to someone else's content, he is selling a way to speed up access to said content just as he did with his ps3 download manager/proxy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    2503a

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hello,

We're not selling the content provided by Sony, we're just re-routing it through an optimised system based on my Playstation Download Manager; the monthly fee covers the hardware, internet costs and my time in maintaining the system + help with NAT, Port Forwarding etc.

I'm not a part of Sony Computer Entertainment, so this wouldn't be an official Sony service.

The MAC is 100% safe with us, it will be used to whitelist access to the servers; so only paying customers can use our equipment.

As for your personal information concerns, we actually don't have any personal information uploaded to us; we only manage the files like Games, Images, Videos etc + your information is encrypted to your console / Sony as well.

A brief summary of the connection:

Playstation Console > URL Request > PSEN-CAP > Sony Content Servers > PSEN-CAP (Cache) > Playstation Console > Activation > Complete.

DNS is still under development and won't be available for a while, very complicated to configure for gaming purposes as low latency is required etc.

First beta invites will be rolled out tonight, as I fear something may be wrong; I'm only getting 100 KB/s but it may be my home connection hence the beta test to ensure quality.

Thanks for the info. I googled it. I think I'll pass. I'll let the beta testers do the talking.

PS3DM has worked very well for me in the past so can't wait to try your new product.

yeah I know how it works and it's not that complicated, it's also a giant man in the middle attack if any scam artists decide to sniff the traffic

If you were only handling the file transfers and none of the personal information why would you be worried about latency for gaming purposes

Oh yeah and before anyone hands over any cash to them at least google the company name and look at some of the minecraft threads, they've shutdown twice (Once as MyCraft Hosting and once as PingFPS) in the last 2 months with a lot of people very angry looking refunds after their servers bottomed out which they didn't get, they just closed up shop and opened up again with a new name and new nics.

Hello BarryBarryK,

You'll actually find we never closed down minecraft straight away, we delivered the servers as promised however it wasn't feasible to maintain business due to a high majority of them being children and demanding we configured every aspect such as plugins, permissions of which we stated we're not included; we issued refunds to those who made legitimate claims, and within the promised 7 day period. (Some people in the thread that are complaining, actually didn't even make an order with us - they're payments bounced from OneBip or PayPal Reversals.)

MyCraft Hosting and PingFPS are exactly the same, we only changed domain; but people started complaining about the domain change and demanded refunds for purely a reason which had no impact. (Update e-mails we're sent to clients, with new details etc).

The final cause of us closing down, (we still delivered all services until 18th Feb 2012) was a DMCA from Felix The Cat; because our template we had purchased turned out to have trademark images; so with the loss of our template, we e-mailed the clients that we will be closing down and we'd honour the purchases until their expiration date.

I'm not sure why your taking a pessimistic view towards my service, as proven by the PS Download Manager; which is incorporated into this Cloud Acceleration Platform, that it works and we have no intention of taking data (it's not even possible).

why would you be worried about latency for gaming purposes? Because of the DNS used to enhance matchmaking services, our testing shows an average DNS from an ISP takes 70ms+ compared to ours at < 10ms.

As for payments, we'll be doing them via PayPal which includes Buyer Protection for our clients (though we'll happily issue any refunds, I'm sure you'll find the services amazing anyway.)

The beta testing might be delayed until tomorrow due to a fault with the Windows Dedicated Server I ordered, seems to be running rather slow and their support isn't answering my ticket.

For traffic sniffing concerns,

Your data between the Playstation 3, Our Servers and Sony are encrypted; the only data being sent across are network is the following:

>> Your MAC Address | IP Address
    >> Requested URL
    >> Playstation Movies, Game, Themes and Image files
    >> Your Username (Stored for logging purposes in case of abuse.)
    >> Domain Name Resolution - Requests / Responses (Turns [Register or Login to view links] into [Register or Login to view links]).
    >> Packet Redirection for in-game data, yes it's sniff-able but the data is meaning less. (How much health you have, did you jump etc in online games.)

Data which is not sent via our network:

>> Billing Information (Credit Cards etc)
    >> Personal Information (Your Real Name, House Address etc)
    >> Content Activation (For Games, Movies etc)
    >> Login Credentials (E-Mail Address, Password etc)
    Last edited by Jordandyckes; 02-24-2012 at 05:51 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In response to what you said about closing down because there was a high majority of children demanding stuff. What makes you think this will be any different. There is plenty of childish behavior in this scene, so get use to it

If I'm shelling out dollars for something (especially something subscription-based), it had better be worth it.

What makes you think this will be any different? This service is far more simple to manage, as it's just whitelisting the MAC Addresses; providing the connection details via e-mail and getting each client's port's forwarded / Opening their NAT (Of course this can only be really done once per client, as I'd need time to get everyone sorted. - exceptions will be made, if spare time is available.)

I can assure you when it's ready, it will be definitely worth it

Okay, thanks for your response and good luck with your project.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News