Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links

demo to retail conversion

Sponsored Links
    So I'm curious if the encrypted flags is what causes problems when going from a demo unit to retail firmware. Would de-soldering the flash from a (yellow light) motherboard work? Or if I found a fully functional motherboard would a simple replacement work?

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well swaping the flash would not work if you change the motherboard with a reatil one then you have changed the system you also have to be shure that you get the bd drive contoller and wireless card with the new motherboard as they are married to each other and not swapable from system.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if there is not realy a difference why isnt it enough to change the software?
    do the system blocks a installation of another software?

and i am wondering about at the moment, are there any informations about the group which tried to hack the ps3 with these chip in the wireless controller?

because that was interesting.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    are there any informations about the group which tried to hack the ps3 with these chip in the wireless controller?
    I imagine you are referring to this: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3Dev/rumor-...s3-controller/

If so, see here: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3Dev/ps3-co...e-information/

Just a thought - Sony and other mobile phone companies use a similar method of software in their handsets, is core system software usually encrypted and inaccessable and then a top layer software.

However the inaccessable base software can be accessed by the use of a test point (earthing a particullar pin) have you guys considered this option , if not, what about talking to a Mobile phone hacker and seeing if there really are any similarities.

I wait to be shot down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by keytor69 View Post
    Just a thought - Sony and other mobile phone companies use a similar method of software in their handsets, is core system software usually encrypted and inaccessable and then a top layer software.

However the inaccessable base software can be accessed by the use of a test point (earthing a particullar pin) have you guys considered this option , if not, what about talking to a Mobile phone hacker and seeing if there really are any similarities.

I wait to be shot down in flames.
    Of course we have been (and are) looking into that, but unlike mobile phones, its not silkscreened "DEBUG TEST PINS" right on the motherboard, which makes it quite difficult!

props to you

amazing, simply amazing.. great update and keep up the good fight !!

Thank you for the very informative updates. Keep up the good work guys!

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News