Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It would be a really good practice to watermark every news from this site for now on :P

On a more serious note, good work xorloser for making this interesting tool useful!

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Belenger View Post
    It would be a really good practice to watermark every news from this site for now on :P
    Ya, it looks like we may have to for any PS3 Dev news at all... very sad indeed. Another thing we may do is include a legal notice in any future file downloads that they may only be hosted/distributed on www.ps3news.com so that quax can't steal and host them like they have for the last year. This way we can take legal action if they continue to steal from us, and shutdown that POS site once and for all.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    That idiot Pirate at quax has now STOLEN this news, posting it on his site including the very screenshot I took. It's due to LAMERS like them that force us to watermark all of our PS3 Dev pictures.

If anyone is at quax, please inform them to stop STEALING our news without proper credit back to us as the SOURCE, and to use their own pictures or I will be contacting their host HostDime and domain registrar GoDaddy.

This theft upsets not only myself, but ALL of the legitimate PS3 Devs here and slows down progress... it's bad enough their clueless lamers (StreetSkaterFU, RichDevX, etc) are constantly bugging our Devs on IRC, but this is happening far too often to ignore. For over a year now it's crystal clear quax has no real Devs of their own, so all they can do is steal our news and files- pathetic indeed!
    It is pretty sad that those airheads over at quax haven't anything better to do then steal from us, what is this world coming to now a days..

The sad part is it's obvious to anyone with even a highschool education what has been going on the last year, quax is comprised of kids (not Devs) who label malfunctioning eject buttons, Sony's intended BD-J functionality, and hex-editing plaintext PAIN files as exploits... and then make useless videos they spam all over the Internet for added hype.

Part of the problem is people that frequent both sites who seem intelligent and neutral are blindly allowing the theft of our news and files to continue there, instead of sticking up for the resident PS3 Devs here who (clearly) are doing all the work and are the real victims.

Everyone here knows we are the source of the news and files, but more people need to get actively involved in letting others beyond our site know it as well. This way quax won't be able to continue fooling their visitors into thinking they have made any contribution whatsoever towards PS3 Development... their non-functional "ELF2SELF" comes to mind though LOL!

Anyway, I don't mean to turn xorloser's release thread into a lecture, so THANKS for allowing me to vent on behalf of our PS3 Devs guys... in the future we will be sure to better-protect anything we share.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked insanity View Post
    Is it just me or how the hell do we run this then?? (Not the best of English use I know but, it'll do)
    A noddy guide for us noddy types please?

I want help but need to know how to run this please???

Quote Originally Posted by gb14929 View Post
    A noddy guide for us noddy types please?

I want help but need to know how to run this please???
    No way to use this info right now - at least not for the ones with RETAIL consoles. Even though - it is useful for the kind of people who can write a code. However it is great leap in uncovering internal functioning of PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Ya, it looks like we may have to for any PS3 Dev news at all... very sad indeed. Another thing we may do is include a legal notice in any future file downloads that they may only be hosted/distributed on www.ps3news.com so that quax can't steal and host them like they have for the last year. This way we can take legal action if they continue to steal from us, and shutdown that POS site once and for all.
    Can't you have it so all images posted in the PS3 Dev forum automatically receive a watermark? I've never administered vBulletin, but it seems possible based on what I see on their website.

There may be a way to set it up like that, but for the time being we will just be sure to watermark all the images manually before posting them. I did add a new rewrite rule to our .htaccess so that Pirate will realize we're ALL well aware of what he's doing and will NOT tolerate it... of course he'll just use a proxy to access our site though. We may get to see just how rich that Texan is when I file Copyright Infringement charges if he doesn't grow up and stop stealing our pictures though.

The larger issue is he takes files from here (like NDT's releases, for example) and posts them there without any link to PS3News.com when NDT posts them himself in our Site News (the source)... so we will be making sure our logo/URL is in future releases and possibly a legal warning so his quax'ers are all aware of his activities. Anyway, enough legalese talk... the ball is in his court now.

Banned User
    Really good news

I'm sorry to ask again, does anyone knows what other information beside NIDs are not encrypted? Maybe the whole elf/prx header? And even more important, are the whole file signed, or only certain part of it (code section, for example)?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News