Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Well, the encrypted filesystem part of the flash is, in the PS3, labeled as /dev_flash , /dev_flash2 , /dev_flash3 (assumption on 2/3)

Now, in an older ps3, all of the dev_flash was actually, on the flash (it was big enough)

However, on the NEW PS3's, that only have 16MB of Flash, 90% of that data is stored right on the HDD, so we can access it.

However (again), we have already accessed most (/dev_flash) of this data, with a TEST. It may help to compare Test->Retail differences, but that is about it.

The "Goodies" come in at dev_flash 2/3. But, since there is still 16MB of data on the flash (holding the bootloader, etc), the 2/3 of dev flash could just be reserved space for that - its all mostly speculation.
    The question was: has anyone tried to decrypt /dev_flash[2|3] using HDD decryption method? I have seen data descrambled and rebuilt with this tool - /dev_flash was nicely readable but from certain point it was scrambled (encrypted)? What I propose is to take those scrambled data and have the PS3 they were taken from attempt to decrypt them as if it was part of the HDD.

Also on another topic: it seems (almost) every storage place has been made readable but nobody found where BD-J is implemented (so far no traces of java, jre, bd-j, *.jar, ...) . Any guess?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, in regards to BD playback - they very well could be in the dev_flash2/3, or embedded in any SPRX.

I don't think the filesystem from flash -> hdd would be the same, I don't believe anyone has tried it however.

But, if the only information in the 2/3 of the flash were the bootloaders, etc, then it would still on a newer PS3 be stored on the flash.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The firmware has its own encryption system its not the same as the hdd i have already tried this.. also you can decrypt the hdd on newer consoles but the firmware is still written the same as it was on the old flash chips identical to the infectus dumps still worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by XVISTAMAN2005 View Post
    The firmware has its own encryption system its not the same as the hdd i have already tried this.. also you can decrypt the hdd on newer consoles but the firmware is still written the same as it was on the old flash chips identical to the infectus dumps still worthless.
    Oh well - seems Sony did their homework quite well and didn't take shortcuts or make simplifications

Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    Oh well - seems Sony did their homework quite well and didn't take shortcuts or make simplifications
    Yeah. I am starting to realize that sony was always like this about drm and restricting freedom of use. Its not that they went extreme with the ps3, they were always like this. They just never got it this right before.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News