Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by AhmadkaX2 View Post
    My heartiest congratulations to NDT for making this breakthrough ... I would have loved to try out this program, but I don't have an Infectus .. I have a few questions though ... NDT, assuming this program works some serious miracles, should we look out for some custom PS3 firmwares on the horizon ?? ... Secondly, would there be some way in the future to use the hack without having an Infectus ??
    Depending how far you perceive that horizon to be, sure. I wouldn't hold my breath though. The work to find an exploit on retail consoles to even allow a CFW still hasn't been completed (publicly). If and when it is done, then in time a CFW may be released.

People need to realize that tons of research still needs to be done. It took over a year of work by multiple people to complete the NAND project, and there is still work to be done on that front.

One day there might be a way to do it without an Infectus and work is being done to figure that route out, but like I said earlier, nothing (ISO loaders, CFW, etc) will be released in the forseeable future, unless its some underground group that is way ahead of the game.

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by flurix View Post
    One day there might be a way to do it without an Infectus and work is being done to figure that route out, but like I said earlier, nothing (ISO loaders, CFW, etc) will be released in the forseeable future, unless its some underground group that is way ahead of the game.
    Hehe I think we can rule BAHAMUT out then, their latest PS3 .NFO file is requesting help and $DK files:
    CODERS
    Anybody interested in creating intros, trainers, cracks or anything else game
    related are welcome. If you can code an application or tool designed for
    Windows based systems that can provide a benefit or aid for us, we are also
    interested. Knowledge in C/C++/ASM is a must and experience with coding in a
    game related field is not required, but preferable. If you have experience
    with utilities or the game scene, dealing with encrypted files, we could also
    use your help. If you are a demo maker and can do intros, trainers or even
    prods, we want you!

HARDWARE
    If you can provide game systems, memory sticks, flash kits and even beta
    versions of games, there could be a spot for you. We are also interested in
    people with access to the latest SDK's and relevant programming tools, so
    feel free to contact us.
    Just happened to catch that when I was updating [Register or Login to view links] earlier tonight.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would say "insert foot in mouth" to myself, but the "forseeable" term saved my ass on that one. :P If they're just looking now, it will still probably be awhile. Who know's though, I'll start working on my flexibility just in case something comes up.

Congratulations!!! I have a question regarding the dumped contents of the flash. As I do not have Infectus I cannot check this myself. My area of interest has always been BD-J as Java is what I a most proficient with. Looking at the contents of the flash from May 19th there are various files but none resembles any Java stuff at all. It usually has some .jar files that hold the classes that make up the runtime.

So my question is: is the dump complete? I mean is there be some other area holding additional data? Can anybody (NDT?) shed some more light on this? Thank you very much.

awsome work guys, very good!

I hope that the works and developement on the ps3 still works the same good way as the last week!!

Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    So my question is: is the dump complete? I mean is there be some other area holding additional data?
    NAND flash dump is now modificable for what concern the filesystem in clear, problem is that the bigger part is the encrypted filesystem that follow the clear one, it contains the most important informations that cannot be modified yet because of the encryption.

So consider this tool like a big step in the right direction but be aware that many things have to be done to consider the nand dump "complete".

Quote Originally Posted by NDT View Post
    NAND flash dump is now modificable for what concern the filesystem in clear, problem is that the bigger part is the encrypted filesystem that follow the clear one, it contains the most important informations that cannot be modified yet because of the encryption.

So consider this tool like a big step in the right direction but be aware that many things have to be done to consider the nand dump "complete".
    Thank you for the explanation. That encrypted filesystem is stored in NAND, right? Also have you managed at least to decipher the directory/file names there or it remains mystery?

Yes, the encrypted filesystem is in the nand, and for a file list, not yet. However we have been able to get a file list with a debug console, as well as flash dumps, to compare encrypted data/sizes and location.

Quote Originally Posted by NDT View Post

NDT can you contact me please

I want to try to analyze NAND content but I have no Infectus. Can I download dumped Flash 0, Flash 1 somewhere?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News