Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS2 iSO Image Discovered on PS3 Dragon Ball: Raging Blast Disc

Sponsored Links
    Today I have discovered a PS2 iSO image of Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 that is included on the PS3 Dragon Ball: Raging Blast game disc.

A picture of it is below, SLUS-21441 that also includes a BIN.DAT dummy file and it's a PS2 master disc image... meaning it will run on a TEST unit only, or anyone who has a mod-chip of course.

It is fine to mount on the PC or burn, but unfortunately I do not have a PS2 to test it out on.

If anyone also has this PlayStation 3 title and some freetime, it is perhaps worth it to examine the files from it!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Very interesting news indeed rickylyh!

As far as I'm aware, this is the only PS3 game to contain a PS2 iSO on it HEHE. Good 'ol Bandai!

It is actually surprising that it passed the PS3 TRC (Technical Requirements Checklist).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so what does this lead to, it just being possible to play this iso on a ps2 ? is it possible that this will help with any ps3 related hacking methods etc...

Possibly just playing it on a PS2 as you said, unless Ricky has time to examine it further or someone else who owns the PS3 game disc does.

It's more interesting to the Devs mainly because things like this don't normally happen... Sony has a super lengthy checklist that games must go through before they are pressed and shipped, and apparently this one snuck through!

To play devil's advocate for a minute: Imagine if a rogue Dev working at a software house snuck something more "useful" on a PS3 game disc and it also passed TRC as this did and made it onto bootable retail PS3 discs the public can buy... it's happened with PSP several times, so we can only hope eh?

Does this iso run on a ps2 (not only in theory) and if yes, what game is it?
    also dragonball?^^

EDIT
    oh yea its in the article^^
    sorry i must be still sleeping :P
    Last edited by Hemp; 01-16-2010 at 02:45 AM

Ricky didn't have a PS2 (TEST or chipped) handy to test it, but I'm sure sooner or later him or someone will.

As for the game, to clarify:

PS3 Game Disc is: Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
    PS2 iSO on there: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Edit: I see you edited your post, no prob though! HEHE

This would be a bluray disk.. you can't just stick it in a ps3.

The only thing i can think of, is that the ps2 dragon ball iso is an unlockable in the game.. and the ps3 dragon ball z has an emulator buit into it to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by skrapps View Post
    The only thing i can think of, is that the ps2 dragon ball iso is an unlockable in the game.. and the ps3 dragon ball z has an emulator buit into it to run it.
    I was thinking the exact same thing, but sadly it isn't the case for this title.

Quote Originally Posted by skrapps View Post
    Yeah - Sony has yet to even get that right, its dummy padding - it happens in other games, if I recall a PS2 game included the CD/DVD gen app on it, and some other apps for padding (or a mess up).

Of note, based off the header, it is a PS2 Master Disk - basically, it would only work on a PS2 Test, PS2 TOOL, Modded PS2, or a 60gb PS3 Dev Kit!

Just insane TRC did not catch it, someone was asleep at the wheel!
    Last edited by CJPC; 01-16-2010 at 03:47 AM

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News