Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Arrow Playing with PS3 PUP trying to trick RETAIL to DEBUG

Sponsored Links
    So actually was playing with PUP update,was trying to understand more about errors that we getting when modifying it and e.t.c.

As everybody KNOW that we cant install Debug on our Retail PS3! So when you try to install 3.20 on 3.15Retail PS3,you will get 80029CCA error,so that means that you cant install DEBUG frimware on Retail PS3!

It is simply checks by COREOS firmware.

Actually i wanted to see what happened if we combine DEBUG+RETAIL when i changed updater.sce , i got 8002F99D error!

Well i want to modify some files in archive that include: DRIVERS for PS3's parts and e.t.c. and its include COREOS too!

So i need a help a bit is it a way to get modify this file that including in .tar archive.. like update.tar ?

Just want to know what peoples think about it!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So what you mean is that the 3.15 debug update blocks the passage 3.20. Sony's protection..
    Last edited by LIL935; 04-21-2010 at 04:41 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have successfully flashed a full Debug firmware (thanks to the service mode box, yet again)- the problem becomes on reboot, the system checks the installed CoreOS and it fails- beeps kind of funny too, very unique beeping noise (kind of like when you have a bad video card in a PC). So, even skipping past the whole PUP check thing, it still will recheck the installed software on reboot - and since there is a mismatch, it sadly fails.

Now, if you keep the retail CoreOS intact, and replace everything else with debug packages (ie, the dev_flash etc) - you end up with a "hybrid", which was also done ages ago via the HDD swap method!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have successfully flashed a full Debug firmware (thanks to the service mode box, yet again)- the problem becomes on reboot, the system checks the installed CoreOS and it fails- beeps kind of funny too, very unique beeping noise (kind of like when you have a bad video card in a PC). So, even skipping past the whole PUP check thing, it still will recheck the installed software on reboot - and since there is a mismatch, it sadly fails.

Now, if you keep the retail CoreOS intact, and replace everything else with debug packages (ie, the dev_flash etc) - you end up with a "hybrid", which was also done ages ago via the HDD swap method!
    Really Awesome CJPC!! You just ESCAPED from jailed Service mod?!!

Hmm so that means that if i got something it will be hybrid frimware, yep like the same that was made via HDD swap...

Hmm... Thanks you so CJPC! Thank you for the help, and ideas?

I did not say I escaped from it - its actually more useful in Service Mode than out of it. But, without a way to bypass the CoreOS checks, which include retail/debug, as well as the ability to downgrade, etc we are kind of out of luck for the moment (on that front)!

Well in service mod there is no CORE OS protection??

And is it a way to get install Service MOD?

Lightbulb

might it be posible to build a special bootstrap for the ps3 useing the otheros system that would boot a debug firmware? to do that would we need the dumps from a debug system?

i would like to know more about service mode...

Well, like we got Bootloader dump and HV dumps, we need more about lv2 dumps.

Way for example is, PAtch HV with your OWN Modified! Patch lv2, and e.t.c.

Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    Well, like we got Bootloader dump and HV dumps, we need more about lv2 dumps.

Way for example is, PAtch HV with your OWN Modified! Patch lv2, and e.t.c.
    once the hypervisor is patched you can do whatever you want with your ps3. unluckly, lv2 dump/s are available only for few right now, all we can do is waiting...

Arrow

Guys, see this thread for a link to download the lv2 dumps.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News