Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    I did not say I escaped from it - its actually more useful in Service Mode than out of it. But, without a way to bypass the CoreOS checks, which include retail/debug, as well as the ability to downgrade, etc we are kind of out of luck for the moment (on that front)!
    CJPC, I understood that if we upgraded our console, we're still able to downgrade this is good news for us, meaning we can still hold down our Other Os, thus we shouldn't worry to use the new firmware right?
    Last edited by ramx2; 04-25-2010 at 02:34 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ramx2 View Post
    CJPC, I understood that if we upgraded our console, we're still able to downgrade this is good news for us, meaning we can still hold down our Other Os, thus we shouldn't worry to use the new firmware right?
    I think you misunderstood - at the moment no, there is no way (short of a legitimate Sony PUP) that will allow you to complete a full downgrade (CoreOS and all).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i thought that RETAIL and DEBUG firmware are two different things? am i wrong? that one acts out completely different of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by uberweiner View Post
    i thought that RETAIL and DEBUG firmware are two different things? am i wrong? that one acts out completely different of the other.
    Yes they are different! You can't install it becouse its CORE OS CHECK!

CORE OS in Retail AND DEBUG firmware are DIFFERENT!

So COREOS tha installed on RETAIL/DEBUG PS3 are checking every boot!

Can't we change it in Service Mode ?

I think yes. Would be nice if tools were leaked... like CEX,DEX and Dongle/USB Dump Common... leak it baby

Well Dongle USB is not so simple to dump! It has SPECIAL SECURITY CODE !!!

And yes CEX and DEX can be leaked! I know who got everything!

^ with a little bit of digging its actualy quite easy to find... i even found download links in this forum...

if people are really intrested in service mode i would suggest that you do a little digging there is little documentation on it but it is out there!

the only problem that i have found with service mode is that we can't get them out of service mode once they have been put into it...

Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    ^ with a little bit of digging its actualy quite easy to find... i even found download links in this forum...

if people are really intrested in service mode i would suggest that you do a little digging there is little documentation on it but it is out there!

the only problem that i have found with service mode is that we can't get them out of service mode once they have been put into it...
    I can assure you that what is out there is not enough to put a console into service mode, at best the stuff floating around allows for some basic diagnostics. Of which that software needs to talk back to Sony servers for some authentication challenges as Sony keeps a nice big database of Serial Numbers / BD drive #'s / Mobo #'s / Mac Addresses.

grabbed off twitter:
    # @darknesssword you can use the exploit to load and use lv2ldr in order to decrypt lv2_kernel.self

# @complex the method is either using a coldboot based attack or using lv2ldr to decrypt lv2_kernel

Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    Well Dongle USB is not so simple to dump! It has SPECIAL SECURITY CODE !!!

And yes CEX and DEX can be leaked! I know who got everything!
    Mhh, yes. It depends on which Dongle is used...there are different types of Dongles... like HASP or Sentinel... and you can BruteForce the WP key... but careful... some USB Dongles deactivates with BruteForce... Does someone know what excatly it is for an USB Interface / Dongle ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    I can assure you that what is out there is not enough to put a console into service mode, at best the stuff floating around allows for some basic diagnostics. Of which that software needs to talk back to Sony servers for some authentication challenges as Sony keeps a nice big database of Serial Numbers / BD drive #'s / Mobo #'s / Mac Addresses.
    Does someone think about hacking and dumping the sql database ? No not me, i can't.

But it would be useful to get this tools, to try and understand. Thats why i believe they should get leaked. More tools out, the bigger the chance to get homebrew running. I think i have to look out for that tools... i want to test something on my 60GB Some IBM Docs are out... but the tools for the service mode would be interesting.
    Last edited by iloveyou; 04-26-2010 at 06:03 PM

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News