Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Playing a m2ts file with TrueHD audio via AVCHD?

Sponsored Links
    A newbie so please apologise if this is the wrong forum for this.

I have been backing up some of my BD's and would love to retain the TrueHD audio track. Up till now I have been using a Popcorn Hour to play them but my version doesnt support HDMI 1.3 (the A110 does) so it cannot play a file with TrueHD audio.

Now the PS3 can of course and it occurred to me if I authored a m2ts with TrueHD audio and burnt the files in AVCHD format, the PS3 should be able to play it since it' s not using the XMB to do playback.

Well it doesn't appear to and not sure if it's a limitation or a defect in my process

The AVCHD folder containing the m2ts file with TrueHD audio shows up fine (the PS3 recognises as a AVCHD and plays using the BD player, not XMB) and if the Output Audio is set to Optical, playing the video gives me a DD audio track. If howeer the Output Audio is set to HDMI, pressing triangle during playback shows no audio at all.

Just wondering if I am doing something wrong or is there some limitation in how audio is played using AVCHD burnt to DVD?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i too would like to know this also mate, im sick of compatibility issues, wrong file types, unsupported file etc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How are you making these? With tsMuxer I assume? If not, you should be. What you could try doing, is trimming the clip to like... 5 seconds long, and transfer that file (in m2ts) to your PS3, and see what happens.
    Last edited by Tsusai; 02-27-2009 at 12:34 PM

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News