from PSX-Scene.com (linked above) has found out that once you backup your original PS3 game via the PS JailBreak Backup Manager to a USB HDD, transfer the game to your PC, and burn it onto a normal DVD-R disc (if the game is small enough) you can then insert it back into your JailBroken PS3 and play it! To quote: Requirements:
1) JailBroken PS3 with Backup Manager, running v3.41 firmware!
2) Any Original Game Disc or Any JailBroken game files
3) Nero or any similar program on your PC
4) USB HDD
If you have your JailBroken game files skip to step 4 Step 1:
Launch Backup Manager and Backup the original disc to the Ext. HDD Step 2:
Plug the Usb HDD to the pc and Browse to "X:/GAMEZ/[title_id] Ex. "G:/GAMEZ/BLES00188" Step 3:
Copy the contents of the [TITLE_ID] DIRECTORY to New folder on your desktop
* Contents of [title_id] a)PS3_DISC.sfb B) PS3_UPDATE C)PS3_GAME Step 4:
Burn the Contents of the jailbroken game to any type of disc
* Contents of [title_id] a)PS3_DISC.sfb B) PS3_UPDATE C)PS3_GAME Step 5:
Insert the Disc in the Jailbroken PS3 Step 6:
Launch Backup Manager and load the Disk
* Note: The disc icon will not appear
Now it should launch and you can update and play without any problems!
1) You can use Internal Hdd and copy the files using PS3 FTP Homebrew
2) It only can read the JailBroken games that was ripped from discs using backup manager. It can't read a game that was not backed up by backup manager.
3) If the backup manager could not read the disc, then try launching the backup manager first, then insert the disc. If this still doesn't work, insert the disc while you are at the XMB and wait until the PS3 reads it as a data disc, then launch backup manager.
4) It has been confirmed by MRelectro713
that it works with updates and saves with no problems.
Finally, according to Rmoroz
Dvd+r dl also works. For games between 4gb and 8.5Gb in size you can use the same media you use with XBOX 360 games. DVD+R DL seems to work, tested with two games:
Assassins Creed 2 (works on intenal and external) - worked on DVD+R DL
Assassins Creed 1 (didn't work form internal or external) - seemed to start and play for 2 minutes on DVD+R DL... perhaps a work around for those wanting to copy games that dont seem to work from hdd.
This is what I use step by step to get burnt games to play. You need:
1) Jailbroken PS3 system
2) Backupmanager 1.0 installed (havent tested on 1.1 but assume it works since nothing major has changed)
3) USB External Had Drive
4) Imgburn (source below)
5) Original PS3 game
It is very simple once you have everything above.
1) Jailbreak your Ps3 with normal methods (I use the TI-84 Calculator)
2) Go to backup manager and backup your original PS3 game to your external hard drive (I have yet to test from internal and FTP method)
3) Unhook the External Hard drive form PS3 and hook it up to your windows based PC (i use 64 bit windows 7)
4) Find the game you copied in the "\GAMEZ\" FOLDER (It will not be labeled with the game name, it will be BLUSxxxx you can find your BLUS game number on the cover of your original game or side of it. Then copy it to an easy to locate place on your Hard Drive, I use my Desktop
5) Once the files have been copied, open IMGBURN
6) Select the "Write Files/Folders to Disc" (Leave all settings as default)
7) Open your BLUS folder, there should be 2 folders and 1 file inside, drag and drop the 2 folders and the 1 file into Imgburn
8) Insert your media of choice that will hold the size of yoru game
9) Burn at 1x speed (I know its slow but quality of quantity ALWAYS)
After the burn is done:
1) Turn on your jailbroken Ps3 again, insert the game at the XMB menu (will show as a data disc)
2) Go into the backup manager
3) The game should show up (for dvd-r and dvd+r DL it showed up as BLUSxxxx but for bluray it showed the game title and picture like normal for me) Don't backup just press load, and away you go.
Download ImgBurn from: http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
ImgBurn will autoconfigure everything for you, download it and install. Leave all settings default. When you insert your disc (DVD-R, DL or BD-R) Imgburn picks the best settings for you when with the size and media type you have. All I have done is what is listed above and pressed burn, works for me.
More PlayStation 3 News