Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Leaving asside actual plausibility of this at the moment and suposing you'd really need the original BD in the PS3's drive (and also taking in consideration almost zero cost of DVD-R media - at least comparing to BD media and burners) - what about testing this using external USB DVD (or BD if you have one) drive? I have at lest 3 avilable plus I can plug in bunch of others (bot SATA and IDE / PATA) using my USB to SATA and USB to IDE / PATA adaptors but I have no way of JB-ing my PS3s at the moment.

So - if someone want to investigate a bit more in this direction - let us know the results

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    With the RDX backup manager as soon as the game starts you can remove the disk from the drive and it still works.

I bet there will be a way around having a disk in the drive soon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wait a minute. There is a line which says he didnt tried it with 1.1 but it should work since no major changes made. WTF?!

I didn't heard about the release of backup manager 1.1....

anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsan View Post
    Wait a minute. There is a line which says he didnt tried it with 1.1 but it should work since no major changes made. WTF?!

I didn't heard about the release of backup manager 1.1....

anyone?
    Maybe that's WHY he didn't tried it?

I'm not sure but is this something you maybe need for burning it on a blank dvd ?

[Register or Login to view links]
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

2fe8e20760407b4c3903aa80b955e.png   439f702a5f81d2f52489ae493fc97.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Fusseltuch View Post
    I'm not sure but is this something you maybe need for burning it on a blank dvd ?
    1. WTF is that?!

2. i just read that the game did not run from the optical drive. it ran from the hard drive... so this shit does not work at all.

From mrelectro713: "Wow guys I feel like such a noob... Yesterday I was in such a rush to test it out that I didn't check to see if I was loading from the disc, turns out I was actually playing from the hard drive. Now here's the thing though. Even though the burned disc is in the drive, I can still play all of my backups.

I made a video to show you guys, so I can show you that it's real. I don't know what jamal is going to make a video about or show, but for the most part I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I can't get any of my burned backups to run. Sorry again to those who made coaster's testing this out..."
    Last edited by dragonsan; 09-14-2010 at 11:27 AM

it doesn't work, still we need original disc to play backups... the game will not just show up in XMB if no original disc inserted.

Tried my 3d Dot heroes again. this time i had put the game in before booting the backup manager. it shows up as the BLES00875. When i tell it load, it says Invalid eboot.bin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusseltuch View Post
    wow!!! nice share, i remember when this was un heard of, now stuff is being leaked left & right. i love it.

thanx i grab it just because, can you also post it in the debug section for guy who dont have it yet.

@ Boss
    Please lock this thread, It was just posted that the person that found this method is a rA-aRd and had the game still on his hdd and thought it was booting from the DVD...

Sorry everyone for this garbage =(

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News