I'm sorry but I have just gone through more than 9 dvd-rs between two different games. I have tried EVERYTHING. One disc is not read by Backup Manager and the others all give the EBOOT.BIN read error.
I have tried various file system formats: 1.02, 1.50, 2.50 and finally 2.60. All result in the same issues. This is between two different games. I have also tried different folder structures i.e. /Title ID/ Content, /Content, /Gamez/Content, and Gamez/Title ID/Content, those tests were done with UDF 2.50.
I don't know what to make of this. Judging by the evidence it seems that only three people (3!) out of the thousands upon thousands of visitors spanning various ps3 hack related news sites are able to "supposedly" confirm.
Now I don't mind doing the testing we are in a new frontier but just looking at the evidence there have been no reputable sources confirming, and no videos either.