Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by zzk2001 View Post
    Gerr =/ sucks that the best payload out is only for 3.15 when the only reason i have 3.41 now was to jail break my PS3 i knew i should have waited lol Owell i hope a 3.41 version of it comes out soon.
    See here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...al-115125.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think since the scene is getting more mature, it is time for all the development to consolidate. Boss, it might be a good idea to have separate post for each kinda of device, so there won't be 100 msg requesting the same payload on diff device. Under it's device, the first post will be updated with different version of payload, each mentioning what most people want to know: 1.) what it does 2.) what is it different from the previous version 3.) another side notes. Now for other non-mainstream hex/files created(compiled) by users, get it to another thread/post/sub-forum. That sure will clean up the board a lot. Something similar to what it is in Open Manager Mod sub forums would be great (very easy to keep track)

It is very hard to keep track with all the 100+ hex that comes up everyday. Again, thanks for all the hard work of different people in the scene. You make the scene progress and progress fast!
    Last edited by wwywong; 11-16-2010 at 10:38 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The problem with that great idea is simply that nobody would ever update them... so we'd be stuck with a bunch of dead/outdated boards in less than a week at the rapid pace things are changing in the PS3 scene.

As it is I'm investing 12-16 hours a day here since late August when the news first broke, so unfortunately I can't add any more to my own plate and CJPC keeps busy maintaining the site's backend and databases along with real-life stuff, so aside from about 6-8 others who bother to attach file updates here there just isn't the manpower available for such a task.

We are considering the "lazy way out" by moving to vBulletin 4 which allows users to post their own news, file updates and blogs to help offset the workload and be able to deliver quicker news as all the Admins would then have to do is "move" existing threads to the front page similar to other sites... but making the move itself is a lot of work (tons of converting and importing) so it's still in the discussion phase at the moment.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I wouldn't mind helping with conversions or some of the back-end work however I wouldn't want to be a mod. I know enough about mysql and php to help out but as far as programing and hardware I am pretty much mute (ps3 wise)

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    The problem with that great idea is simply that nobody would ever update them... so we'd be stuck with a bunch of dead/outdated boards in less than a week at the rapid pace things are changing in the PS3 scene.
    Totally understood boss. Perhaps it doesn't need to be sub forums... Just threads... even one thread per device is helping out a lot. I know it is already like that in thread such as the ipod/rockbox one, but all others are crumbled into whatever latest news thread.

I think the news threads are excellent usage for getting the latest on the scene, but once the particular file/payload is released, then they should flow to separated thread regarding their own device, so questions such as "the payload is not working", "which payload you are running? which device?", "can you release for this device" will not start flooding the newsgroup.

When one checks to know that a new payload is been release for public, then one only need to go to their device thread, and see if there is build/files posting up in the first message. If they have any new issue with the new release regarding their own device, they can post there, not posting to the news thread.

I know any change will be a lot of work, and I understand totally that it might not work as ideal as we think (it never will be as ideal). It is just a thought, if not feasible it's ok. Thanks for all the work still, boss.

Quote Originally Posted by zzk2001 View Post
    Gerr =/ sucks that the best payload out is only for 3.15 when the only reason i have 3.41 now was to jail break my PS3 i knew i should have waited lol Owell i hope a 3.41 version of it comes out soon.
    Don't be too disappointed just yet, youíre not missing much.

This compiles OK (with only a small mod to the PPU_OBJCOPY= ) and works on 3.15, but it does not give you access to PS2 DVD's (I have a CECHA01 on 3.15, so it is BC)

So be patient.. Iím sure someone (Evilsperm probably) will get this to work if anyone can and post it up in a few days.

Can someone help me find the .bin for PSN+3.5 Spoof payload? I have a n900 and i am trying to get netflix to work.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
    Can someone help me find the .bin for PSN+3.5 Spoof payload? I have a n900 and i am trying to get netflix to work.

Thank you.
    Here is the xoeo custom PL3 .bin This is for 3.15 ONLY! Currently cyberskunk and myself are finishing up a 3.41 port of this but it has been heavily changed so it does not resemble xoeo's payload at all, but it will be just as stable as it is a hybrid of PL3/hermes. xoeo stated that this build of his is very stable, also its nice and hidden. I won't get into that right now though

We will be releasing the 3.41 port when its finished to only a few testers to make sure it will be stable before we release it to the masses.

xoeo PL3 Custom 3.15 .bin: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=25602

I am still working on fixing the psgroove.c to get the hexes to actually work. Currently if using xoeo's PL3 from hex it will black screen the PS3 and this is directly due to psgroove.c

~evil
    Attached Files Attached Files

We'll be looking forward to it, thanks for all your hard work Evil & helpers. (lol JK cyberskunk)

i cannot log into psn anymore. using "KaKaRoTo PL3 of PSGroove for 3.41(PSN updated)" or "Hermes v4b & PL3 Payload Ports with PSN Online Play & 3.50 Spoofing" with "Ps3USBJailBreak" says i need a new FW Version. It wants to update

bad news for me. can anyone confirm??

PS3 40GB HDD with 3.41 FW (EU)

Sponsored Links

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News