posted on Fobby.net (linked above) that he has released a PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 Emulator for PS3, Android and iOS called PCE Emu.
Download: PCE Emu v1.3.0 for PS3
/ PCE Emu Site
To quote: "This is a port of Mednafen's PC Engine emulation to Android, and my first ever emulator port. I've only tested on a Droid/Milestone for now but hopefully it will run on other devices.
I'm planning to have regular updates with more features/optimizations and other emulator ports in the future. Hope you'll enjoy it!"
PCE Emu supports homebrew PS3 JailBroken consoles (runs HuCards only) and the PS3 port supports bin+cue format CDs.
PCE Emu Details: PCE.emu is PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS and PS3.
It uses the emulation backend from Mednafen and is built on top of the Imagine engine. The source is released under the GPLv3 license.
- Accurate emulation and high compatibility rate.
- Zip file support
- CD emulation via loading cue files, you must have a system card rom named syscard.pce in the same directory as your cue files.
- Cue files may use external audio tracks in Ogg Vorbis & Wav (PCM, ADPCM, etc) formats (not working on PS3 currently)
- Optional on-screen multi-touch controls in addition to keyboard controls (needs Android 2.1 for multi-touch)
- Backup memory and save state support, one auto-save and one manual slot for save states
- No user activation or other nonsense
Performance Notes (as of version 1.3.0):
- Android : 55-60fps with hucards on a 550Mhz Droid running Android 2.2. CDs may need slight overclock (600-700Mhz) to run at similar speeds depending on the game's screen mode. On-screen controller can cause a small speed hit so disable it when not in use, will be optimized in the future.
- iOS: 60fps on iPhone 4 with hucards & CDs (~50% cpu utilization). 20-30fps on iPod Touch 2nd gen.
- PS3: 60fps with hucards & CDs.
Controls for PS3:
- D-pad : navigate menus (Up & Down), Left to go up a directory in file picker, Right to select highlighted entry
- Cross : confirm/select menu entry, Button I
- Circle : cancel menu entry/go back, Button II
- Select : Select
- Start: Run
- L2 : open/dismiss menu
- R2 : Fast-forward
Currently known issues/bugs:
- No international character support in gui
- Not really a bug, but when running on a case-sensitive file system make sure your CUE file specifies references in the same case as on the file system.
- PS3: only 1 controller is supported
- PS3: loading a CUE file with external audio tracks causes the system to lock up
- PS3: sound is not synced properly, causes slight distortion in the audio
Version 1.3.0 (2010.11.08):
- Updated to Mednafen 0.9.14-wip core with various emulation fixes
- 16-bit image rendering enabled to decrease GPU bandwidth and improve speed for devices where this is a bottleneck
- PS3: Updated to use firmware 3.41 libraries, fixes slowdowns in games that use larger than 256 pixel wide screen modes
- PS3: CD images now work, but only bin+cue for now. images with external audio tracks cause a system lockup
More PlayStation 3 News