Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    For most FTP programs you can set the connection to 'Active', this will stabilize the connection while you are being passive.
    Well I'm transferring now and it has glitched on me, I cannot access directories just like when it disconnects on me, however the transfer is continuing normally.

I take back what I said earlier, transferring in pieces is not useless, this FTP method is slower than I imagined, I'm getting between 2-4MB/s. Usually at 2.3MB/s. Even an ancient USB stick would transfer 8MB/s to the PS3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can i download ps3 FTP server from here and once ive downloaded it were do i put in folder wise and how do i put it on my 2.41 firmware ps3 ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    Well I'm transferring now and it has glitched on me, I cannot access directories just like when it disconnects on me, however the transfer is continuing normally.

I take back what I said earlier, transferring in pieces is not useless, this FTP method is slower than I imagined, I'm getting between 2-4MB/s. Usually at 2.3MB/s. Even an ancient USB stick would transfer 8MB/s to the PS3.
    Transferring many small files over ftp has overhead associated with it. Utilizing a client that can connect multiple times for transfers can greatly increase the transfer speed.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyfries View Post
    Transferring many small files over ftp has overhead associated with it. Utilizing a client that can connect multiple times for transfers can greatly increase the transfer speed.
    I'm using FileZilla just because it was suggested here. I already tried more connections, any more than the default 2 and the PS3 FTP program screws up. Resetting it while FileZilla is trying to reconnect from the first failed time will get it working with 3 simultaneous uploads but the overall speed remains the same.

I use 1 connection and it never has a problem I'm still using the original ftp by cjpc.

Quote Originally Posted by barbnjason View Post
    You should feel lucky with 80GB I only get 5GB a month. But as long as your PC and PS3 are on the same Local LAN you should not use up any of your usage, aside from it being slow shouldn't be a problem.
    What FTP Client is the best for this?

Quote Originally Posted by chasemjones View Post
    What FTP Client is the best for this?
    everyone says FileZilla Client, but for quickness if your not a user of ftp before and you don't have a client and your a firefox user install their ftp addon. I've used it before when ftping to an xbox1 dbox's and loads of other thing and it seemed to work well.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News