Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PB2 PS3 JailBreak 2 (JB2) True Blue (TB) Dongle Clone Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Although PlayStation 3 developers have already commented on DRM-infected dongles, following in the shadows of JB-King and JB2USB today we have a third PS3 JailBreak 2 (JB2) True Blue (TB) dongle clone dubbed PB2 entering the market.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote from the official site (linked above): PB2 (PS3Break2) is the latest product from PS3Break Team who ever made a tremendous splash in the PS3 scene.

PB2 can break your own PS3 console and enjoy the latest and most popular PS3 games which require 3.6+ or 3.7+ PS3 firmware. The PS3Break team are focused on enhancing the user experience of our customers, play games with it easily!

PB2 Features Include:

• Booting of games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above
    • Runs your existing games and new v3.6+ games from HDD in conjunction with standard backup managers
    • Does not require the power/eject trick
    • Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when PB2 is not inserted
    • Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
    • Durable and high quality plastic case design
    • Tough and durable plastic packaging
    • Further features to be added as they are developed
    • On board 2 MBytes SPI flash
    • Supports Fat and Slim PS3 consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55 and any PS3 which can be downgraded successfully from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: requires other tools, PB2 cannot downgrade a console)
    • Supports all regions of consoles
    • Supports all regions of v3.6+ games
    • Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timings

PB2 Games 3.5" HDD Function Features:

1. Choose as you like (500G / 1T) hdd.
    2. You can choose directly from our game directory, only no more than the HDD capacity. Our distributor is offering one-to-one pre-sale and after-sale service.
    3. The Hard Disks which load the games are provided by PB2 team, no need to replace with any eboot files. Easy to use and instantly fun.

PB2 Games 2.5" HDD Function Features:

2. You can choose directly from our game directory, only no more than the HDD capacity. Our distributor is offering one-to-one pre-sale and after-sale service.
    3. The Hard Disks which load the games are provided by PB2 team, no need to replace with any eboot files. Easy to use and instantly fun.

PB2 FAQ:

Q: How do I use PB2 to play a purchased PS3 game that requires 3.6+ PS3 firmware?

A: PB2 does not support directly playing original game discs requiring 3.6+ on lower firmware versions. In order to play such recent games on your jailbroken 3.55 CFW PS3 you must first dump your original game disc to HDD using one of the many supported PS3 backup managers such as Multiman.

Once you have dumped the game, you must obtain and install a " PB2 patch" corresponding to said game from our website. This procedure effectively creates a copy of your game on a HDD, modified to function on your 3.55 CFW PS3 in conjunction with PB2. For full details, please refer to the PB2 Users Guide on the download page.

Q: Where can I obtain PB2 patch files?

A: We host PB2 patch files on the Game Patches page of our Web site (ps3break.com/Patches.asp), no need to google these patch files by youself.

Q: What are the requirements for using PB2?

A: In order to use PB2, you MUST have a PS3 running firmware v3.55 or lower. If your PS3 is running a firmware version higher than 3.55 then you must first downgrade your PS3 via other means (such as hardware downgrade, please refer elsewhere for further information).

Q: What is the general procedure for getting 3.6+ games running on a 3.55 CFW PS3 with PB2?

A: The procedure is as follows:

1) Download and install the PB2 3.55 CFW (custom firmware) on your PS3. The PB2 CFW is required in order to allow the PB2 dongle to function with your PS3
    2) Obtain dumps of your 3.6+ PS3 games using PS3 backup managers or other methods
    3) Obtain PB2 game patches corresponding to the game dumps you have, and install these patches over the top of your game dumps. The patched game dumps should be stored either on your PS3īs internal HDD or an external USB HDD
    4) Insert the PB2 dongle into your PS3 and turn on the console. Once the PS3 has finished booting, you may then launch your favourite backup manager (such as Multiman) and from there select your PB2 patched games

Q: There is no PB2 patch available for my favourite game XYZ, can I still play it with PB2?

A: Unfortunately, you will need to wait until a PB2 patch is available. The PB2 team monitors various Web forums, so if there is a title you want to play then make a post on a PS3 related forum requesting the game or email us with your request. We will most likely see your post or email and do our best to release a patch as soon as possible.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

PB2_Introduction.pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Dongle war continues, it's better than nothing.

JBKing_Dongle_01-1.png   snap030-2.png   snap031-3.png   snap008-4.png   snap010-5.png   snap011-6.png  

snap012-7.png   snap013-8.png   snap015-9.png   snap016-10.png  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    PB2 Games 3.5" HDD Function Features:

What does this mean? They provide a hard disk preloaded with games or did I misread it?

Yes, it seems just they will sell their preloaded hard disks, too.

snap018-12.png   snap017-11.png   snap019-13.png   snap020-14.png   snap021-15.png   snap022-16.png  

snap023-17.png   snap024-18.png   snap026-19.png   snap027-20.png  

So many clones, yet there is no free alternative. I guess I'll just keep on waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    What does this mean? They provide a hard disk preloaded with games or did I misread it?
    No, I think they provide the games pre-loaded, and you can choose from their list as long an the games fit on.

snap029-22.png   snap028-21.png  
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 05-16-2012 at 04:55 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

they have their own eboot patch ready to be downloaded on their site.

Also, it looks like they sell HDD preloaded with pre-patched games, and I think that's not a good idea at all.

Preloaded HDD's.. WTH... Talk about trying to take out the competition

PB2 V1.02 Upgrade Package is Released, 2.7 Game Compatibility

Today the PS3Break Team has released the PB2 V1.02 Upgrade Package which contains support for 2.7 PS3 game compatibility with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

PB2 CAN SUPPORT LATEST UPGRADE 2.7 GAMES [2012.06.27]

PB2 team has released "V1.02" today, this upgrade content: 1. enrich and perfect the codes, enhance the stability and the safety of pb2 system. 2. perfect support the latest games. We will, as always, continue to release the latest firmware to our customers.

You first need to choose "spitb27.dfu" file to upgrade pb2, second pull out pb2, then put it back into the usb port, third, choose "upgrade_2.71.dfu" to upgrade pb2 again.

[2012-06-27] upgrade content:

1. enrich and perfect the codes, enhance the stability and the safety of pb2 system.
    2. perfect support the following games:

<01> Devil_May_Cry_HD_Collection
    <02> Meikyuu_Touro_Legasista_JPN
    <03> Summer_Stars_2012
    <04> Armored_Core_V
    <05> MUD_FIM_Motocross_World_Championship
    <06> Metal_Gear_Solid_HD_Collection
    <07> Sniper_Elite_V2
    <08> Prototype_2
    <09> NINJA GAIDEN 3
    <10> Yakuza_Dead_Souls
    <11> Order Up
    <12> Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13
    <13> WARRIORS OROCHI 3
    <14> Attouteki_Yuugi_Mugen_Souls
    <15> Shin_Sangoku_Musou_Moushouden_ASiA
    <16> Max Payne 3
    <17> Dragon's Dogma
    <18> Dirt_Showdown_PS3-VIMTO
    <19> SBK Generations
    <20> Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon - Future Soldier
    <21> Major League Baseball 2K12
    <22> Game of Thrones

Some findings from CaptainCPS-X as follows:

The Findings

As a very curious person that I am, and as a owner of various dongles / hardware that were at some point used and still are used in the ps3 scene to achieve some kind of jailbreak, like for example E3 Card Reader, CobraUSB, TI-84 Plus Calculator (yeah LOL, old payload days), and just recently I got a JB-King from a local store.

I was wondering what was PB2 all about, so I went to their site and started looking at the documentation, for my surprise I noticed that everything, including the documentation images where exactly the same as JB-King documentation. Immediately I decided to check the download section and obtain the PB2 dongle firmware files, I then kept my curious investigation by opening them on my Hex editor, check sizes, names and extension.

Now check this out, here you have JB-King FW files information (main FW and last update FW):
    Code:
    File Name: 2.3_upgrade.dfu (main dongle FW)
    Size: 2.00 MB (2,097,461 bytes)
    CRC32: FFFFFFFF
    MD5: 2A9CEA5056A5681F0126EABCA117B47D
    SHA-1: E426B39291197AB21F671411F63C49A0E987417B
    Code:
    File Name: upgrade_2.51.dfu (update FW)
    Size: 25.2 KB (25,813 bytes)
    MD5: C41A2E1433CA297A7E104502C53C7389
    SHA-1: 718AF82E4B40624C720FD8B8CA7AE6556CA3895C
    and here you have PB2 FW files information as well:
    Code:
    File Name: spitb27.dfu (main dongle FW)
    Size: 2.00 MB (2,097,461 bytes)
    MD5: CF988AC5EA526304981F0DC182E4D059
    SHA-1: 56995A63B04793A8500F1CFB7B61D624BD76D325
    Code:
    File Name: upgrade_2.71.dfu (update FW)
    Size: 20.5 KB (21,013 bytes)
    MD5: 9F8947326DCF46C0D02DF2E27F83F478
    SHA-1: F814938B857F99687DD008E6D41DA61717268E7C
    Note: CRC32 was apparently modified in both cases JB-King / PB2, since this algo is flawed and if you have enough knowledge you can practically do this with all files, other hashes seems to be fine though.

As you can see, the sizes and extension, and even the file header matches with each other (they are not identical in data though).

EDIT: I compared both JB-King's and PB2's CFW 3.55 v2 (PS3UPDAT.PUP) files and they are identical, both have the following hashes:
    Code:
    CRC32: 8FCA62E8
    MD5: FF689E1E8CDD02A46DDADB14C3C5B85C
    SHA-1: BA28DAD2975D58B0E55742CE0DA910F22D9516DF
    The Test

After all that I came to the conclusion that if I flashed / upgraded my JB-King dongle with the PB2 dongle FW files it should in theory work.

So I did it...
    • Connected the JB-King dongle to the PC (while holding the upgrade switch / button)
    • Run the JB-King upgrade utility
    • Loaded the main PB2 FW file, spitb27.dfu, and updated my dongle with it.
    • Disconnected the JB-King dongle from the PC
    • Connected it again, and did the same flashing but with the latest PB2 FW file, upgrade_2.71.dfu.

The Results

After connecting the JB-King dongle flashed with the PB2 FW to my PS3, I turned it on and as expected, everything was fine. I didnt even change my PS3 CFW, still using the JB-King CFW v2 provided in their site.

I then, loaded multiMAN to test Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (BLUS-30838) (has TB patch applied) and after returning to the XMB the game loaded with no problems.

Some quick tests I made so far...

Tested Final Fantasy XIII-2 (BLES-01269 / TB Patch), working fine.
    Tested Deus Ex: Human Revolution (BLUS-30476 / TB Patch), working fine
    Tested Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (BLUS-30787 / TB Patch), working fine
    Tested The King of Fighters XIII (BLUS-30845 / TB Patch), working fine

Tested Ninja Gaiden 3 (BLES-01524 / TB Patch), working fine
    Tested Sniper Elite V2 (BLES-01290 / TB Patch), working fine [thanks to kenzya for testing]
    Tested Max Payne 3 (BLES-01656 / TB Patch), working fine [thanks to kenzya for testing]

After making a JB-King FW recovery to 2.3 then updating directly to PB2 2.7 -> 2.71 the PS3 System Information now display "True Blue 2.7" and the games that I reported not working now are working.

Tested Max Payne 3 (BLUS-30557 / TB Patch), Working fine now!
    Tested Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (BLUS-30521 / TB Patch), Working fine!
    Tested Prototype 2 (BLUS-30756 / TB Patch), Working fine now!

Conclusion

This is at least good news for those who bought JB-King, since there hasn't been any updates in their site with new FW that brings compatibility with newer games.

At least from my personal test findings, you can actually flash a JB-King dongle with PB2 FW and use it without any problems.

Stay tuned

I will eventually update this with information about tests with games like: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier, so far not supported on JB-King 2.51 FW (as far as I know), but supported on PB2 v1.02.

Please note that I am in no way responsible for anything that happen to your dongle / hardware / console by doing what I personally decided to do, if you don't know how to flash the FW files to JB-King, please be careful.

Extra Investigation (might be useful for devs)

I don't know if this can be useful for any PS3 developer who is working to reverse engineer these kind of dongles (TB/ JB-King / PB2), but after having a look at the DFU firmware files header I started to look for information about it.

Here you have an example of the header:
    Code:
    DfuSe.%. ..Target.....ST....:\.ourceCode.stm32_psgroove.genkeytools.spi.tb27.dfu
    here you have it as data...
    Code:
    unsigned char rawData[80] = {
    	0x44, 0x66, 0x75, 0x53, 0x65, 0x01, 0x25, 0x01, 0x20, 0x00, 0x01, 0x54,
    	0x61, 0x72, 0x67, 0x65, 0x74, 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x53, 0x54,
    	0x2E, 0x2E, 0x2E, 0x00, 0x3A, 0x5C, 0x00, 0x6F, 0x75, 0x72, 0x63, 0x65,
    	0x43, 0x6F, 0x64, 0x65, 0x00, 0x73, 0x74, 0x6D, 0x33, 0x32, 0x5F, 0x70,
    	0x73, 0x67, 0x72, 0x6F, 0x6F, 0x76, 0x65, 0x00, 0x67, 0x65, 0x6E, 0x6B,
    	0x65, 0x79, 0x74, 0x6F, 0x6F, 0x6C, 0x73, 0x00, 0x73, 0x70, 0x69, 0x00,
    	0x74, 0x62, 0x32, 0x37, 0x2E, 0x64, 0x66, 0x75
    };
    Now, DFU stands for "Device Firmware Upgrade", now for what device?, well after looking around for information this firmware are intended for "STM32 USB-FS-Device" (STMicroelectronics).

In the following links you will find some PDFs with images that clearly show applications and utilities from the Development Kit for these devices, there is even one used to flash DFU firmwares to the USB device very similar to the one provided by JB-King dongle (without the advanced features).

There is a DFU File Manager as well that is included on the Dev Kit that allows to extract s19 / HEX / BIN data from the DFU firmwares.

Anyway, this may be worth a look if you're a dev looking for information.

[Register or Login to view links]

Note: I installed the "DfuSe USB device firmware upgrade STMicroelectronics extension" from this page, It includes some applications to manage DFU firmwares, as the firmware extractor, etc.

I attached some screenshots from the Development Kit I mentioned, just in case you can't access the PDF images for some reason. They where took while having connected JB-King to the PC in DFU mode.

PS: Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be as informative as possible. I will try to update this post with more information as I have more free time to do so. SeeYa!

Finally, from CaptainCPS-X (via psx-scene.com/forums/content/jb-2391/):

JB-King 2.3 - 2.71 FW PKG + Flashing 2.3 - 2.7 FW to JB-King Guide

Disclaimer: the latest firmware of PB2 is only applicable to PB2 dongle [2012.07.02]

PS3break team have noted that there are some debates on clone events. we have to announce that PS3break team is the second team who is capable of releasing the latest firmware to support TB v2.7 after TB2. The latest firmware of PB2 is only applicable to PB2 dongle, it doesn't fully support other similar products, if you continue to upgrade other dongle with PB2 firmware, what happens to you is your responsibility. we will always take the forefront in the ps3 scene, provide the most prompt and safest update service for our customers.

I made a new package for those having problems with the flashing process (ex. PS3 System display "Firmware 3.55, True Blue 2.5" instead of "Firmware 4.11, True Blue 2.7"). Please read the documentation that I included, I wrote it myself with specific instructions and details of the process.

Hope it helps, I made every step with my own dongle again to make sure it works and everything went fine. System says "Firmware 4.11, True Blue 2.7".

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

The Flashing utility that I included is more advanced than the one from JB-King / PB2 so PLEASE, follow the instructions step by step very carefully. I will say it again just in case...

Please note that I am in no way responsible for anything that happen to your dongle / hardware / console by doing what I personally decided to do, if you don’t know how to flash the FW files to JB-King, please be careful.

Flashing 2.3 -> 2.7 FW to JB-King

To ensure the flashing process of 2.7, first we must make a recovery flashing of FW 2.3.

The flashing consist of 2 phases, because we must flash 2 different targets on the dongle.

NOTE: When removing the dongle from the PC, don't use the Windows "Safely remove hardware" just disconnect the dongle after you finish the flashing process.

PHASE 1 (2.3)

1- While pressing the upgrade button on your JB-King dongle, connect it to your PC.

2- Wait until the device is properly detected

3- Run the included Flashing Utility "DfuSeDemo.exe"

4- In the "Upgrade or Verify Action" section click on "Choose..."
    5- Select the included "2.3_Target_01.dfu", on the side box it should say "Target in file... 01 ST"
    6- Now in the "Action" list box displayng the available device targets, select the "01"
    7- Select the "Optimize upgrade duration (Remove some FFs)" checkbox
    8- Press "Upgrade" and wait for the process to complete

PHASE 2 (2.3)

1- After PHASE 1 is done, don't close the Flashing utility
    2- In the "upgrade or Verify Action" section click on "Choose..."
    3- Select the included "2.3_Target_00.dfu", on the side box it should say "Target in file... 00 ST"
    4- Now in the "Action" list box displaying the available device targets, select the "00"
    5- Press "Upgrade" and wait for the process to complete
    6- You can now remove the dongle so we can get ready for the final upgrading

We are now ready to flash the latest FW 2.71 to JB-King, follow this procedure:

PHASE 1 (2.7)

1- While pressing the upgrade button on your JB-King dongle, connect it to your PC.

2- Wait until the device is properly detected

3- Run the included Flashing Utility "DfuSeDemo.exe"

4- In the "Upgrade or Verify Action" section click on "Choose..."
    5- Select the included "2.7_Target_01.dfu", on the side box it should say "Target in file... 01 ST"
    6- Now in the "Action" list box displayng the available device targets, select the "01"
    7- Select the "Optimize upgrade duration (Remove some FFs)" checkbox
    8- Press "Upgrade" and wait for the process to complete

PHASE 2 (2.71)

1- After PHASE 1 is done, don't close the Flashing utility
    2- In the "upgrade or Verify Action" section click on "Choose..."
    3- Select the included "2.71_Target_00.dfu", on the side box it should say "Target in file... 00 ST"
    4- Now in the "Action" list box displaying the available device targets, select the "00"
    5- Press "Upgrade" and wait for the process to complete
    6- You can now remove the dongle

Finish!

To verify that the process completed successfully, connect the JB-King dongle to your PS3 and after the booting process finish, go to "System Settings - > System Information".

It should now say "Firmware 4.11, True Blue 2.7"

If it doesn't say it, don't panic try to flash the dongle again. See Ya!

snap002.png   PB2_Introduction.pdf   Upgrade Content.pdf   snap003.png   snap004.png   snap005.png  

snap006.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News