Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

P3Hub 2 - PS JailBreak Clone with PS3 USB Hub Review

Sponsored Links
    Just under a month ago the P3Hub was announced, and today I have reviewed the P3Hub 2 which is also a PS JailBreak clone with a USB hub built-in.

Here is my review from the P3Hub 2 which I got from [Register or Login to view links] (linked above):

Shipping info:

Again (see my other review from PS3Break v1.1) the package was sent with DHL Express mail.

Which means it can be all over the world in just 3-5 business days. The box was sealed with a lot of tape and the content comments were a little funny but different from the PS3Break:

- 1x USB Hub reader usb

The package came through the customs without being opened or withdrawn. Payment is via CC and Paypal. If I have to believe where it is shipping from, it comes from Hong Kong.

So I would say shipping is a big 9/10

Package info:

The box from the P3Hub2 looks very nice. The product is on the box + there is another Truth Inquiry were you can see whether the unit is legit or not. Of course mine was legit!

When I opened the box you find a soft plastic shaped bottom with the P3Hub2 in it. Again, no manual or any hint what you should do when you get this for the first time. My plastic box was already broken... I don't know if the box was already opened or if something happened with the DHL mail process.

It gets a 6/10. Minor here is the lack of a manual and the box was broken/opened.

P3Hub2 unit itself:

The unit looks very funny with its BLUE plastic egg shaped case. The color is terrible as I like everything the same color. Well... that's a personal opinion of course but still.

When you hold it the first thing you'll notice is the "upgrade" key. The key is outside of the unit! So no pen or other sharp object is needed to flash it via USB.

Also the P3hub2 fits like a glove. No problems there. I tested this on a phat. When I power the PS3 up and immediately hit the eject button there is a small disco show inside the unit.

The blue and red coloring led are very bright. Then it lights up blue and your good to go. Although you need to power down the PS3 totally or else it will not work!

Note for viewer: I made the pictures WITH my Nyko card reader just to show you it works with other USB devices inside. It also works inside of the Nyko hub!

9/10 Blue light with a blue case! That's something we like!

P3Hub2 working itself:

When I started the unit it worked like a charm. I had the AVCHD and Game Manager (by Dean) already installed. But deleting and installing works like a charm. I did not try to make a backup. Although I guess it will not take longer than 10 minutes for 1 GB.

9/10 Inner workings were ok. Did not crash once when testing it 20 times!

Overall:

Good product for a clone.

Review math:

9 + 6 + 9 + 9 = 33

32 / 40 * 100% = 82.5 total score.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the follow-up review B4rtj4h and +Rep, I have also added it to our PS3 Reviews page now.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Another day, another review.

This Dongle is very convenient, but looks so ugly and cheap.

But thank you anyway for this small review (also if you c&p some sentences. )

Hi There,

at first, thanks for your good Reviews. Just want to add some experience.

My P3Hub 2 has a red and a green LED.

Their Website is very slow and since the HEX V3 Hermes+Waninkoko+Math there were no updates on the Website.

Maybe there is a way to compile PL3 or v4 but im not familiar in proramming ccs (I think its ccs because of the PIC chip? I dont know ) The PSGrooPIC HEX's didnt work for me.

Also there is a Problem in the Microchip USB HID Bootloader v.2.6b. After clicking "Program/Verify", the Application will stuck at Verify so you have to close the Application and unplug the HUB.

After all the Device works very well but i would like a faster software upgrade or a way to compile your own hex. Maybe someone knows how to compile for P3Hub 2 and would like to give me a hint

It's really a good device! i got the p3hub1 just 2 days ago , and it work great

And you don't need to turn off completly your ps3 to get it JB. I test just myself. (sorry for bad english)

Yeah I noticed its not always the same... maybe its my PS3 maybe its the P3Hub2... Ah well. Just klik, klak and were good to go ^^

Good review, I like the black color for P3Hub, when it's available on my HK supplier I will sure buy one of these hubs.

B4rtj4h: Did you test the unit on PC to know what type of board is inside? I would like to know that. Have you tried to upgrade? Please do these tests if you can. Thanks!

Hello, upgrading was not a problem at all. How can i see what kind of PIC is inside this one ??

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News