Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i own this device and think it it great. someone asked why have 128mb nand? sure, maybe the payload will never be more than 128kb, but thats not the point. it doubles as a flash drive, so u can have your app installers, multiple payloads, etc on it without having to attach two usb devices.

also, when you connect to the ps3 via ftp, you can send files directly to the p3go. that means you can update your payload without even plugging in the dongle to your computer! this is something i love about it. and we are still in the early days of ps3 hacking, who knows what will be possible in several months or a few years?

one possibility is loading custom firmwares from usb - so why not have those files on the jailbreak device? point is that this device opens the door to many possibilities and is in my opinion as future proof as it could possibly be. the open source factor is important - even if u don't care about open source, this is a good thing because it means when/if the company stops supporting/making the device, the community will still be able to improve it. if you are looking to buy a ps3 dongle, i highly suggest this one!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's too big, it seems like a fatter x3max/e3 reader.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The USB connector isn't in the middle of the device, it's a bit further right, so it doesn't cover the 2nd USB port.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    oVERSoLDiER is correct, it's not a issue if you are using the internal usb ports on the ps3, but on a usb hub makes it difficult...

It fits just fine without blocking other USB ports, I use it on my slim with a 4 port USB expansion and it works great. This is my third jb, after ps3key and ps3break, and I like this one the most by far!

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    It's a NAND flash, where you can also save your music files on.
    Huh... That's exactly what I was saying. If you have a jailbreak dongle, you probably have a big Hdd, at least a lot bigger than 128Mb or even 32Gb in order to store backups... So, what's the point? I still don't understand the usefulness of that feature.

You can store whatever you want on it, ok. But why wouldn't you put it on your Ps3 in the first place? Can you at least access that storage while on the XMB?

Sure it's always nice to have more space, but it's nice to have a cold beer too, when will a jailbreak do that?

I'm not flaming that product or anything, I'm really trying to understand why it has so much space, because right now the only answers I see is "To sell it at a higher price" or "To be the biggest on the market", and none of these are relevant to gamers.

I thought it just looks way too bulky

Nice news and thanks for sharing it.

Unhappy

-> High speed 32 bit CPU processor clocked at 500MHz.

Does it really need a cpu clocked that high? What's the use of such as jb device?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News