P3Go GT Break Clone PS3 ModChip with Switch is Incoming
Today we received word from bleedevil001 that the P3Go GT Break Clone PS3 ModChip with switch (for the PlayStation 3 Slim) is incoming.
The official site is linked above with a few pictures and details below, as follows:
P3Go GT Break Clone PS3 ModChip Features:
1. Has all function features of the first generation.
2. Brand new second generation configuration, support upgrade without keys, plug and upgrade.
3. Use SLC NANDFLASH, up to 128MB and compatible with larger firmware.
4. Luxury materal, bilateral protecting circuit to support plug-and-play function and protect your lovely device.
5. Includes high-speed CPU, high-speed SDRAM, high-capacity SLCNAND in order to upgrade firmware and extend system life as long as possible.
6. Supports starting games by micro SD in console, includes new extension function upgrading firmware by cheats, a real timesaver.
7. Firmware which is designed professionally, attentively and targeted to ensure your PS3 game console starts quickly and successfully.
P3Go GT Break Clone PS3 ModChip G-Switch:
Function features (only support Slim console):
1. Professional module design and is attractive and portable.
2. Uses fireproof, high pressure resistent original material and it is very safe and reliable.
3. Favorable price, easy to use, quick power on or off.
4. Embed high quanlity power switch, matching P3Go electronic dongle to easily turn on or off and guide console.
Yeah it is slick in comparison to my exposed PCB Teensy 2.0 that can't run Linux due to lack of memory.
However, I think it won't be long before we are past the point of even needing to have the switch/unplug, and eventually will not need a dongle at all (complete custom firmware?). Devices like these, especially consisting which a switch like that for the slim, are just going to be old news and old ideas.
What I'd really like is if these companies invested some R&D funds into making the jailbreak more convenient, such as the two points mentioned above. All I see is reinventing the wheel over and over just to get a hand in the 'modding scene', which if a product advertises a manager alongside, I have to think 'piracy scene' and 'pirates' are their target consumer.
Someone in China: please tell me how crazy the pirate shops are going about the jailbreak!
any word on price or release date? i knew it was only a matter of time until someone combined a flash drive with a ps3 modchip. great idea, if implemented properly. i wonder if the extra storage space would let you store multiple payloads and pick between them like on the ti-84.