How to boot P3GO ?
PS3 Console (fat or slim)
Consule (firmware) version 3.41 only
Remove all discs from the drive
Do not connect any devices to the console via USB
IMPORTANT: The console must be completely switched off before using p3go. For fat versions, use the switch at the rear. For slim versions, If you have a "G-Switch", it will be more conbinient to operate as the thick one. This is extremely important for theprocess to work correctly when you start the console.
1. Cut off the power of your PS3. Thick one should press the power off button on theback, while the Slim one should pull up the power line. If you have a "G-Switch", it will be more conbinient to operate as the thick one.
2. If you want to apply the "GMAN" system, please plug your P3GO into the first USB slotcounted from the left (Slim one). If not, any slot is possible.
3. Turn on your PS3 again, and press Enject button very quick (most important).
4. While booting P3GO, its light in blue and red will flash, and come with black screenscene in 2 -- 3 seconds. When the blue light is on instead of flash, it means booting progress is over and sucess .
How to install software into PS3 ?
5. After booting, you can enter GAME section in PS3 XMB and select "Install Package Files", you may find two files named GMAN74113.pkg and ftpserver_12.pkg, install them now.
6. You can see a new icon in GAME section named GAME MANGAER, enter it then you will see GAME MANGAER and BLACKBOX FTP V1.2.
7. Shortcut for GAME MANGAER:←/→ + X : select and launch game (after launch game, you will return to XMB, move to /APP_HOME/PS3_GAME/ to enter game)
△ : quit
○ : copy game to int or ext HDD
□ : delete game
How to upload game to PS3 int HDD ?
1. Make your PS3 connect to PC (lan or wireless), launch BLACKBOX FTP, record the ip
address on screen.
2. Use FTP software such as CuteFTP\FlashFXP in PC, create a connect section to PS3 use
user : FTPD12345
pass : any
ip: the ip address on screen
port : 21
3. Connect to your PS3, you will see files,folders list on it, now you can transfer any games folder as "BLJM60168" to PS3 HDD (dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/).
4. When uploading is over, quit BLACKBOX FTP and launch GAME MANGAER, enjoy yourself !
Q1: How to install the GT-P3GO?
A1: GT-P3GO does not need any installation, it already internally installed: Hermes V4b+KaKaRoTo, dual-firmware, it is Plug
and Play, in the TF condition, the KaKaRoTo firmware starts.
Q2: Does it permanently modify my console?
A2: Certainly not, once the GT-P3GO is removed, it is completely disabled.
Q3: What is the warranty?
A3: GT-P3GO is sold with a 1 year warranty. Our distributors and retailers will take care of all warranty issues.
Q4: Why it is said an unknow USB device was found in the menu when I connect the GT-P3GO with PS3.
A4: Refering to this message, it means the dongle doesn’t work normally. You need to check the following operations:
1. All external USB devices should be removed(including the USB cable to the controller) from the PS3 machine before the PS3 is started up.
2. Ensure the disc drive of the PS3 is empty
3. Ensure the PS3 system firmware is V3.41
4. On the precondition as the above mentioned. Do as following:
(1) It’s important to make sure the power was cut off.
(2) Insert the GT-P3GO dongle to the PS3 device.
(3) connect the power jack with PS3 device to enter its ready mode.
(4) Power on the console and press the Eject button very quick. The green light of the dongle will be flashing shortly after
a sound beep from the console
(5) Once the sytem menu is appeared on the screen, the green light will switch on, which indicating the dongle works well. If not, you need to repeat this process.
Q5: why the “manager.pkg ” file wasn’t appeared when I executed Install Package Files in the menu ?
A5: Refering to this problem, please sovle it as the following steps:
1. Ensure the dongle green light is switched on. If not, please refer to Q4.
2. To ensure a copy of Backup Manager (manager.pkg) file in FAT32 format is copied on it. And it’s stored in the root volumn
of the external USB storage. Otherwise, It will be failure.
3. With the above 2 conditions are fulfilled, intert the external USB storage, choose “Install Package Files”, the manager pkg” will come up，then choose and execute it.
Q6: When I came back to the Games menu, to choose “Backup Manager”, the joystick of the controller refused to work, and
cannot choose the files in the menu ?
A6: After you choosing “Backup Manager” ，you may choose the games, delete some files or backup files,etc by using the
cross-shaped control keys on the left of the joystick
Q7: After I finished the backup of the file, I chose the game in “Backup Manager”menu, and execute “load”, an error message appeared, “please insert the original BD game disc”. Why ?
A7: To load up the game, a leading disc is needed for loading the PS3 games by inserting any original BD game disc into the drive of the PS3
Q8: When I loaded the created backup game, it was back to Games menu, the game what I wanted hasn’t been loaded. What’s the reason ?
A8: It’s normal, When you came back to Games menu, you may find the just created backup games was above the icon of “Backup Manager”. Choose and execute it.
Q9: What is “manager.pkg”? What's it for ? Why I cannot open “Manager.pkg” on my PC ?
A9: Manager.pkg is a homebrew firmware for PS3 system,and it can be run with PS3 system only, which cannot be indentified by PC. The method of manager.pkg setup, please refer to Q4