Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47



  1. #41
    Contributor plains203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    95
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My thoughts are they are doing their level best to delay sales as long as possible so thy can release a fix before the device gets well established. It's out there now though so they are only buying time for a fix and let's face it they have to do what they can to block it anyhow. It is in their interests to keep the platform hack free to attract devs to code for their systems and keep their revenues rolling in.

  2. #42
    Senior Member GrandpaHomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,316
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by plains203 View Post
    My thoughts are they are doing their level best to delay sales as long as possible so thy can release a fix before the device gets well established. It's out there now though so they are only buying time for a fix and let's face it they have to do what they can to block it anyhow. It is in their interests to keep the platform hack free to attract devs to code for their systems and keep their revenues rolling in.
    Hmmm ...

    A) I doubt ANYONE seriously thinking about geting their PS3 jailbreaked will be dumb enough to update now

    B) There is still piles of PS3 in stores and warehouses with fw 3.41 or lower so even if you decide to hop on the bandwagon let's say by end of the year you have still pretty good chance to get PS3 with the "right" FW.

    C) How come Xbox / PS2 / PSP / DS / etc. are still attracting developers despite being hacked for ages to the bone? Well because the piracy is as always well blown out of proportion If you like the game or want to play it online you'd buy it anyway.

    So this will affect only people not currently knowing about jailbreak and once they'll update they might be screwed up for a while (or even "for ever") - the situation is mirroring in this aspect the early days of PSP scene. However - despite the much higher security of PS3 - the foot is in the door now and even Sony will we trying as much as possible to slam the door it's to late now IMO

  3. #43
    Senior Member tragedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    135
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    How come Xbox / PS2 / PSP / DS / etc. are still attracting developers despite being hacked for ages to the bone? Well because the piracy is as always well blown out of proportion If you like the game or want to play it online you'd buy it anyway.
    Actually, I'd say PSP is pretty much dead, mostly as a result of piracy. There are very few developers who bother doing any PSP titles - it's mostly all first party nowadays.

  4. #44
    Contributor whinis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by tragedy View Post
    Actually, I'd say PSP is pretty much dead, mostly as a result of piracy. There are very few developers who bother doing any PSP titles - it's mostly all first party nowadays.
    No, I would argue its not doing well because it's a handheld. I asked my friend last night why he hadn't hacked his psp and he said because he got tired of hand helds 2 years ago.

  5. #45
    Contributor IanJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by whinis View Post
    No, I would argue its not doing well because it's a handheld. I asked my friend last night why he hadn't hacked his psp and he said because he got tired of hand helds 2 years ago.
    2 words. Eye phone (and the touch). I only ever see folks playing on them or the occasional DS. PSP is too bulky and none of the cool kids play with them.

  6. #46
    Senior Member BwE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by tragedy View Post
    Actually, I'd say PSP is pretty much dead, mostly as a result of piracy. There are very few developers who bother doing any PSP titles - it's mostly all first party nowadays.
    nah i think its because DS have the market share

    psp is just not that popular anymore

  7. #47
    Senior Member oVERSoLDiER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,624
    I have an DS and an Simply Card, but don't use it. I think I'm too old now for playing it. Just Pokémon and a few games I really enjoyed in the past.

    But O.K. back to topic.

 

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News