Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

OpenSplit v1.0 to Split 4+GB Files for Open Manager PS3 Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Here is OpenSplit v1.0 to split 4+GB files via PC for Open Manager on the PS3 followed shortly by version 1.1 which includes some bug fixes and version 1.2, and deanrr shared a similar app called Split4G which he detailed HERE.

Download: OpenSplit v1.0 / OpenSplit v1.1 / OpenSplit v1.2

* What is this? *

This little tool lets you split the BIG files (bigger than 4GB) in your games on your PC, so that you can use them with Open Manager 1.0 for the ps3.

* How do I use it? *

- Press "(->) Split BIG files to .666xx" in order to select a folder with your games. OpenSplit then will search the folder and all its subfolders for BIG files and split them according to Open Manager 1.0. All game folders that contained BIG files will be renamed accordingly. (example -> "BCESXXX" to "_BCESXXX")

- Press "(<-) Merge .666xx files to BIG" in order to select a folder with your games. OpenSplit then will search the folder and all its subfolders for .666xx files and merge them to BIG files. All game folders that contained .666xx files will be renamed accordingly. (example -> "_BCESXXX" to "BCESXXX")

- Check the checkbox "Don't delete splitted BIG / merged .666xx files" if you want to keep both BIG and .666xx files.

You can choose your whole GAMEZ directory, then all games will be processed.

I have attached the program to this post.

An important issue: PLEASE DON'T TRY TO MERGE .666xx FILES ON A FAT32 HDD! There files can't be bigger than 4 GB! You will only encounter errors!

Another issue: IF YOU START A SPLIT/MERGE PROCESS, ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL THE MESSAGE "All jobs done!" APPEARS IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY PROBLEMS!

Enjoy!

OpenSplit v1.0 to Split 4+GB Files for Open Manager PS3 Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks!

great, the first!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I will be the 1st to say Thanks so much for this!!!! Keep up the great work and people Keep up the positive comments I'm sure it helps to keep the scene alive!!!

+Rep Fejwin and I moved this to the Site News so it has its own thread as well.

Emm. It's not for use on the ps3. It's a java executable (.jar cross platform) for the PC! On the ps3 the Open Manager does splitting and merging. Unfortunately I can't modify my own post any more, so I can't correct it.

EDIT: Thanks for a separate post PS3 News!
    Last edited by Fejwin; 10-02-2010 at 10:51 AM

now we can merge files from Open Manager for use in old Backup Manager right ?? (internal HDD of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Fejwin View Post
    Emm. It's not for use on the ps3. It's a java executable (.jar cross platform) for the PC!
    I have edited the first line now for ya to read "Here is OpenSplit v1.0 to split 4+GB files via PC for Open Manager on the PS3."

@ils: If you do it on pc and move it through ftp server... yes! But you could just as well move your game inside internal HDD to the folder of the old Backup Manager.

@PS3 News: Thank you! Now it's perfect!
    Last edited by Fejwin; 10-02-2010 at 10:56 AM

Beat me to the 1st post!!! Somehow just to say Thanks I got the first post - What a retard!!! Keep up the good work guys. We all appreciate you. You'll definitely get more out of me then "Thanks I got the first post!!" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fejwin View Post
    @PS3 News: Thank you! Now it's perfect!
    No problem and +Rep again... also a little "tip" in case you didn't know (most users don't) but when you use the "@" symbol in replies (even quoted ones) they are sent to the moderation queue as our detection system sees them as possible spammers since they often include their e-mail address containing that symbol.

This means they won't show up until a Staff member reviews them, so long story short it's best to avoid that character when at all possible in posts.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News