Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 114



  1. #81
    Banned User releva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Sponsored Links

    Cant launch splitted files in internal drive?

    Sponsored Links
    Guys, I can't launch splitted files in internal drive? What I did. I copied a splitted game with a _blesxxxx into my external fat32 usb drive inside the root folder. I didnt put it in the GAMEZ folder. Then i plug my external into the ps3 and copied the game using comgenie awesome file manager into the openmanager 1.3 Gamez folder Oman46767 or something.

    When I try to launch the game using Open manager 1.3, I can see its being greyed out, it says splitted files cant be launched. My question is..how can i merge splitted files? or does the open manger do it automatically during transfer?

  2. #82
    Senior Member deank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,018
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not to overtake the topic, but couple of weeks ago when Comgenie released his Awsome Filemanager I created a small win32 application to do the PC side split. It doesn't require java or NET or anything. It supports both split naming conventions and I decided to share it anyway.

    Here is the requested version of the split4G application. It now has additional drop-down-list option to select the split filename format:

    filename.#.part (for Comgenie's join function)
    filename.666## (for OBM join function).

    Dean
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #83
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,488
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    Not to overtake the topic, but couple of weeks ago when Comgenie released his Awsome Filemanager I created a small win32 application to do the PC side split. It doesn't require java or NET or anything. It supports both split naming conventions and I decided to share it anyway.

    Here is the requested version of the split4G application.
    Thanks deanrr, I have now added it to the first post as well and +Rep!

  4. #84
    Senior Member GrandpaHomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,316
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by releva View Post
    Guys, I can't launch splitted files in internal drive? What I did. I copied a splitted game with a _blesxxxx into my external fat32 usb drive inside the root folder. I didnt put it in the GAMEZ folder. Then i plug my external into the ps3 and copied the game using comgenie awesome file manager into the openmanager 1.3 Gamez folder Oman46767 or something.

    When I try to launch the game using Open manager 1.3, I can see its being greyed out, it says splitted files cant be launched. My question is..how can i merge splitted files? or does the open manger do it automatically during transfer?
    You need to use the open manager to copy the games to the internal hard drive - it will automatically re-joind the splitted large files.

  5. #85
    Registered User 12gage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    Not to overtake the topic, but couple of weeks ago when Comgenie released his Awsome Filemanager I created a small win32 application to do the PC side split. It doesn't require java or NET or anything. It supports both split naming conventions and I decided to share it anyway.

    Here is the requested version of the split4G application. It now has additional drop-down-list option to select the split filename format:

    filename.#.part (for Comgenie's join function)
    filename.666## (for OBM join function).

    Dean
    can you post a small guide for using your tool with Comgenie's tool?

  6. #86
    Senior Member deank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,018
    There is nothing special about either split functions. Just load your game folder, select a destination (on FAT32 usb HDD) and the tool will copy/split all files/folders. Then once you copy the data with comgenie's manager from the external usb to your ps3 hdd - files will be merged.

  7. #87
    Banned User releva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    There is nothing special about either split functions. Just load your game folder, select a destination (on FAT32 usb HDD) and the tool will copy/split all files/folders. Then once you copy the data with comgenie's manager from the external usb to your ps3 hdd - files will be merged.
    If u guys are having an eboot.bin not valid or not found error using splitted files, make sure you copy the splitted game into a folder called GAMEZ on the external hdd fat32 and use open manager to copy it into the internal hdd instead of comgenie awesome file manager. I solve my problem this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    You need to use the open manager to copy the games to the internal hard drive - it will automatically re-joind the splitted large files.
    Thank you. It worked
    Last edited by releva; 10-05-2010 at 06:38 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #88
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    296
    I am having that weird problem again, V1.1 running 9 games through in batch mode, no dir swapping this time, but its not deleing the BIG file, so having to do it manually, and its not renaming the DIRS with _

    Works ok 1 by 1 though.

  9. #89
    Registered User Fejwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    25
    OpenSplit 1.2
    by Fejwin

    LOG:
    v1.0 - Initial release
    v1.1 - Bug corrected (files could not be deleted). & Slight improvement of stability.
    v1.2 - Now the chosen folder doesn't return to "default" after one job done. Added a soundeffect when job complete. Buttons look better.

    Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  10. #90
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Fejwin View Post
    OpenSplit 1.2
    Thanks Fejwin and +Rep. I will add it to the first post now also.

 

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News