Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Fejwin, thanks for the reply, luckily i had a backup and double check and it had indeed moved the files??, very odd, this was on a batch convert of about 10 games, i also noticed some had been missed too, so very odd indeed.

I re-ran all the missed games through and also a backup of the one i mentioend, and all is ok now, but again i did this one by one, not sure if its a batch issue or what, if it happens again ill let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHM View Post
    Fejwin, thanks for the reply, luckily i had a backup and double check and it had indeed moved the files??, very odd, this was on a batch convert of about 10 games, i also noticed some had been missed too, so very odd indeed.

I re-ran all the missed games through and also a backup of the one i mentioend, and all is ok now, but again i did this one by one, not sure if its a batch issue or what, if it happens again ill let you know.
    PS This is what happened... Operation Flashpoint - Dragon Rising\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\PS3Cache\ps3_000.nfs

Created 6 split files but they were placed in the USRDIR, this i know was worn as i was using version 1.0 that did not delete the BIG file, but i used a backup anyway to be sure.

Anybody have a copy of this to make sure im correct and something odd isnt going on?
    Last edited by IHM; 10-03-2010 at 08:00 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    One very very minor issue.. After running the app on a single game folder, and it having completed and renamed the folder to _game. If I then press to split another game, the file/folder browser that comes up is going back to the default folder window (libraries in Windows 7 I think it was - presumably My Docs on XP).

Obviously the file browser will have no doubt attempted to look for the previous folder, eg e:\ps3games\Uncharted2, but with that having been renamed to _Uncharted2 it must revert back to windows settings for what folder to be in.

Any chance perhaps to have it either auto set the folder to the renamed _ folder... or perhaps, to go to the next nesting up when a folder is not found (so it would fail to see e:\ps3games\Uncharted2 so it would go to e:\ps3games instead...so that can manually select the next one with ease

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Fejwin View Post
    OpenSplit v1.1

LOG:
    v1.0 - Initial release
    v1.1 - Bug corrected (files could not be deleted). & Slight improvement of stability.
    Thanks Fejwin and +Rep, I have added it to the first post as well now.

TO: IHM
    Ok, so the prog is changing dirs and missing some games when doing many at once. To correct that, it is necessary for me to reproduce your situation on my pc. It would be really great, if you could search all the games you were processing when these bugs accured for BIG files and give me their psths and sizes! Then I could reproduce these folders and files (it doesn't make a difference for the program whats written in a big file, as long as it has the same size) and look closer into the issue.

TO: Midnight Tboy
    True! That can easyly be corrected. Stay tuned

not sure if its a recurring thing - but I extracted MGS4, then chose to split the file, and after pressing ok to select the folder, the app just closed itself within a split second.

looks like it didn't make any changes to the file.

Have you tried it again?

just 1 more game tried since - which was ok - one last game to try which I think has a 4gb+ file that I have - so will see what happens. Even so... it's the only time its ever done that once, and done about 10 games so far (both 1.0 and 1.1 combined)... so maybe just one of them weird things. The same game, ran fine the 2nd time round.

Will let know if it does happen again on next lot of games that need it once have ripped them off the disc.

Edit: hmm spoke too soon... did it again. The only common difference between these 2 and the other 2 games is this.

The app folder is: E:\Backup\ps3\Apps\OpenSplit v1.1

Previously, the games I'd set it to split were in E:\Backup\ps3\games\<gamename-here>

The last 2 games, Final Fantasy, and now Resistance - I'd extracted to D:\<gamename> - same physical hdd - different partition.

Both of these resulted in after browsing to d:\<gamename> folder and pressing the Open/OK button.

2nd time round its started the splitting again no problem (running right now)

Maybe its something to do with when you use the dropdown to select drive perhaps?

Just noticed I have the error log files, the top of it reads:
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x758d7a1f, pid=1932, tid=3504
    #
    # JRE version: 6.0_21-b07
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (17.0-b17 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [ole32.dll+0x37a1f]
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # [Register or Login to view links]
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    Last edited by Midnight Tboy; 10-04-2010 at 01:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for this great tool Fejwin! There's one thing I would like to know, though. Which version of the Open Manager is compatible with this splitting and joining method? Is it the Open Manager 1.0 - 1.14 or Jurai2's Open Manager or both?

TO: Weedo
    I very much hope both are compatible. Once the splitting system was astablished by comgenie in his file manager, everyone else did it the same way to retain compatibility.

TO: Midnight Tboy
    Ok, it seems the crash happens outside Java. So it's probably an issue of your hardware - something Java can't deal with, perhaps. You could report that crash to the link in your message, to help sun make Java better.
    Last edited by Fejwin; 10-04-2010 at 08:30 PM

If only i discovered this program earlier i wouldn't have to ftp it and wait forever. Now i know thanks

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News