Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sydboyz View Post
    At the moment, for me to play ps3 games if it is larger than 4 gb:
    1. Run ftp server 1.0 on ps3
    2. run filezilla on pc
    3. copy files across to internal hdd
    Depending on how your ps3 is connected to your PC a file transfer via the ftp server can be very slow. In these cases it is much faster to split the 4gb+ files, move the game with split-files to an external HDD, and finaly copy it from there to internal HDD using Open Manager. Open Manager merges the split-files back into 4gb+ files while copying them from external to internal. This is the plan.
    Last edited by Fejwin; 10-02-2010 at 07:34 PM

I used this on my Quantum Theory game, and when I tried to copy the folder to an HDD, it said there was still a file too large to copy over...

I didn't have the "Don't Delete BIG file" option selected either...

Quote Originally Posted by Fejwin View Post
    I've attached a little screenshot of the program for the first post.
    Thanks Fejwin, I have updated the first post now with it.

Similar to FleetwoodSho... I've extracted Ridge Racer 7 to the pc, which had a 5gb or so file.

"Don't delete BIG file" was NOT selected... however, once it was completed... the split files were there, but so was the original 5gb file??

The only thing though, is before I started it - I ticked, and then unticked the box, before I chose the split option. So maybe its not deselecting properly?

Currently trying now Darksiders - reloading the app but not touching the tick box at all this time.

If split files are there and the big file is still there delete it manually before transferring to the fat32 drive.

hmmm... again with Darksiders.

The 16gb file is still there and not deleted. (not touching the tick box at all this time after launcing the app)

Not a big issue as it tells you the file names ripped so you can check - but still a pain.

Hopefully fixed in the next build.

Thumbs Up

Author of this program - AWESOME JOB! Amazing!

nice tool, and it is amazingly stable for a first release, can't wait to see any improved versions

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Tboy View Post
    Similar to FleetwoodSho... I've extracted Ridge Racer 7 to the pc, which had a 5gb or so file.

"Don't delete BIG file" was NOT selected... however, once it was completed... the split files were there, but so was the original 5gb file??

The only thing though, is before I started it - I ticked, and then unticked the box, before I chose the split option. So maybe its not deselecting properly?

Currently trying now Darksiders - reloading the app but not touching the tick box at all this time.
    Yes, I should have mentioned that my split files were also there, just that the big file was definitely not deleted...

It really isn't a problem at all for me, it's nothing for me to go and delete it manually, just wanted to give a heads up so that the issue could possibly be worked on, if the program was indeed intended to delete the BIG one by default...

Aside from that, it worked like a charm... love it...

One question to those, who encounter this "prog doesn't delete files" problem:

Does it rename the game folder correctly? Or fails it to rename, too?

I'll look into that!
    Stay tuned!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast