Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by drnishee View Post
    first of all good work and now my question? is can i play splitted games right from external hdd using open manager or i have to merge them on internal hdd before playing because copying to internal takes time and i will appreciate if you can introduce ntfs file system in open manager thanks.
    Nope, can't play the games with splitted files from external hard drive.

Yes - you'll need to copy them to internal one.

It has a little to do with Open (or any other for that matter) manager - PS3 simply has NO native suppport for NTFS hard drives and on top of it even if someone would try to code support for it it woudl be not as easy plus it's not exactly the best file system to choose - there is more file systems out there than just FAT32 and NTFS

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great app, when you have the best devs and good ideas, who needs NTFS?!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This basically allows you to store your 4GB + file games on your external when your not playing them. When you're ready to play one of them, swap it to the internal and play it. This is useful for people out there with small internal HDDs, since you can easily move your games to/from internal. Combine this with the PS3 Game Ripper to rip unnecessary videos, and you can effectively manage your space.

Open Backup Manager has this feature built-in, but its nice to manage things from a PC also.

This is an excellent temporary solution until we can use a different filesystem on external drives.

I wanted to ask when I'll be able to play games on 3.50 or will it never happen. I'm asking this because I already updated to 3.50 and I want to ask if I'll be able to play games if I buy a new ps3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by luffy28 View Post
    I wanted to ask when I'll be able to play games on 3.50 or will it never happen. I'm asking this because I already updated to 3.50 and I want to ask if I'll be able to play games if I buy a new ps3 ?
    3.50 might take looong time (if ever) but purchasing the new PS3 right now while those on stock are still bellow 3.42 might be the better solution

Old news, as for me. Comgenie Awesome Filesplitter was out from September 25-26 I think. And it does the same thing (even with this .666xx extensions). Weird...

Oh, didn't know that Comgenie's splitter is compatible (filesize and extension). I tried his file manager on my ps3 and it has copied stuff much slower than Open Manager. Perhaps that is why I didn't use his other creations...
    Last edited by Fejwin; 10-02-2010 at 05:35 PM

But what about the cryptography and reverse engineering ? Aren't there books online about that ? I would do it but I don't wanna get sued. Plus I don't know how to program/re any way's I'm about to study CS at my local college.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    And it does the same thing (even with this .666xx extensions). Weird...
    Indeed it does - they were both created for the same purpose

so it splits files larger than 4 gb but do not work on fat32. i am just curious how you guys play your ps3 games 4gb files over, is there a simpler way?

At the moment, for me to play ps3 games if it is larger than 4 gb:

1. Run ftp server 1.0 on ps3
    2. run filezilla on pc
    3. copy files across to internal hdd

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News