Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Oh, didn't know that. Thanks again PS3News!

And important issue:

PLEASE DON'T TRY TO MERGE .666xx FILES ON A FAT32 HDD!
    There files can't be bigger than 4 GB!
    You will only encounter errors!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    No problem and +Rep again... also a little "tip" in case you didn't know (most users don't) but when you use the "@" symbol in replies (even quoted ones) they are sent to the moderation queue as our detection system sees them as possible spammers since they often include their e-mail address containing that symbol.

This means they won't show up until a Staff member reviews them, so long story short it's best to avoid that character when at all possible in posts.
    I didnt know that, so thanks for the tip Ps3News!!! Awesome site. Probably one of my most visited lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by junior2k9 View Post
    I didnt know that, so thanks for the tip Ps3News!!! Awesome site. Probably one of my most visited lol
    Yea, sadly it's a necessary evil these days but it's quite effective... I swear like 50+ true spammer posts a day are automatically caught that way and never reach the forum to keep things tidy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fejwin View Post
    And important issue:

PLEASE DON'T TRY TO MERGE .666xx FILES ON A FAT32 HDD!
    There files can't be bigger than 4 GB!
    You will only encounter errors!
    OK, I will add that to the first post now as well.

thanks I was always wondering when there would be a file splitter for my pc..

Another issue:

IF YOU START A SPLIT/MERGE PROCESS, ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL THE MESSAGE "All jobs done!" APPEARS IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY PROBLEMS!

If you close the program while it is in the middle of a split/merge process, then the data stream will close and your last created .666xx or BIG file will remain unfinished. If you then attempt to split this uncomplete BIG file (or merge uncomplete .666xx files) you will loose a part of your game data.

So if you are forced to close the program before the task is completed, you should repeat the same task immediately after restarting it.

Don't try to use incomplete .666xx data with Open Manager!

Quote Originally Posted by Fejwin View Post
    Another issue:

IF YOU START A SPLIT/MERGE PROCESS, ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL THE MESSAGE "All jobs done!" APPEARS IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY PROBLEMS!
    Got it, also added to the first post now.

Question

i have a question , what if i have the whole game ripped to external harddrive , even a file with 4gb+ would it run ?

TO: darkfortesp
    You always have to split files 4gb+ before you put them on external HDD.
    If files are splitted, you cant start them through Open Manager.

Imagine, you did a backup of your game on ps3 through Open Manager.
    Then you copyed it to your external HDD and Open Manager splitted the BIG files to .666xx files. (your game is then gray and cant be started)
    Then you copyed that game from your external HDD to your PC to store it there.
    Now, on your PC you can use this program to merge these .666xx files back to BIG (4gb+)
    Or, split BIG files into .666xx files (on your PC) to be able to transfere them to your external HDD and use them in Open Manager.

So it's basically ONLY for on PC use.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfortesp View Post
    i have a question , what if i have the whole game ripped to external harddrive , even a file with 4gb+ would it run ?
    No - it would not run as the large files will be splitted so PS3 will be not capable to run the game.

I would guess the purpose of this little sweet is to make it easier to transfer your back up file over 'net without worrying compatability issue.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News