Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank you PS3 News!

TO: IHM
    If the program does not delete files and does not rename directories, then it is very probable, that your games folder is on your windows partitition. Because of that a program needs administrator rights to be able to alter existing files and directories. You can try to run OpenSplit by rightclick->"run as administrator". Or optionally you could move your games directory to another logical partitition of your pc-HDD where no windows is installed.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    j/w this is a nice tool but i like the original backup Manager then Open Manager could i still use that and my external hdd or only with Open Manager?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can install the Open Manager and choose the directory of the old BM for it. Then you use the Open Manager to get a splitted game merged onto your internal HDD in the right folder. After that, you can start the game from your old BM.

I'm confused, so we can split these files.. but you HAVE to transfer them to internal?

Quote Originally Posted by alexg13 View Post
    I'm confused, so we can split these files.. but you HAVE to transfer them to internal?
    this is so you dont have to ftp your games across from pc to PS3. some games like motorstorm2 only run from the internal hdd. uncharted to which has a pak22.psarc file needs to pe split up so you can put it with the split files on an external hdd and this game runs from the external drive and internal.

i dont know why some games only run from the intenal drive. but this tool helps those who dont want to ftp games across.

i am running psgoove 1.1 and OBM 1.13 and uncharted2 runs fine split up on my external hdd.

Hmmm, alright..

Makes sense now I guess, would be great if we could just play from the external drive but still.. I guess that'll work.

Good evening,

I'm really stuck and hope that someone might be able to help me, i've split COD4 with open manager on my windows 7 pc, then i copied the 7 folders. All with .66600 up to .66607, over to my Fat32 external hard drive. When i jail break my PS3 and open up open manager there are no files on my external hard drive so i am unable to copy them over to my PS3 can someone please tell me where i am going wrong.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    Not to overtake the topic, but couple of weeks ago when Comgenie released his Awsome Filemanager I created a small win32 application to do the PC side split. It doesn't require java or NET or anything. It supports both split naming conventions and I decided to share it anyway.

Here is the requested version of the split4G application. It now has additional drop-down-list option to select the split filename format:

filename.#.part (for Comgenie's join function)
    filename.666## (for OBM join function).

Dean
    I like your tool as it doesn't require Java or .Net. Can you also add the "Join" function? One time I accidentally split to file.#.part format and deleted the original files. Now OBM cannot combine them.

Thanks.

Depending on which SPLIT option you used, you can join them to your internal HDD with comgenie filemanager (if you used .#.part option) or with OBM or my multiMAN manager (if you used the .666xx option).

If you want to keep all at the PC side you can simply use the command prompt with

copy /b file.a+file.b+file.c file

And you'll get 3 parts joined in one.

What's the best PC program for this, opensplit 1.2 doesn't have an exe?

Sponsored Links
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News