Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When i try to run ./toolchain-sudo.sh i get the folowing:

../scripts/003-newlib-1.18.0-PPU.sh: Failed.
    ERROR: Could not run the toolchain script.

i ran sudo sh scripts/003-newlib-1.18.0-PPU.sh (as root)

cat: ../../patches/newlib-1.18.0-PPU.patch: Filen eller katalogen finns inte
    checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
    checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
    checking target system type... Invalid configuration `ppu': machine `ppu' not recognized
    configure: error: /bin/bash ../config.sub ppu failed
    Last edited by ztripez; 09-12-2010 at 06:01 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How about this time also support Windows as a development platform, I for one don't want to have to switch between linux and windows.

With this toolkit (compiler, linker) you can create ps3 (lv2) executables, by using the C sources and header files from the (official) ps3 sdk.

But you cannot release anything that is using the C sources and header files from the (official) ps3 sdk legally..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi all,

I have got 2 questions:

1. How do you actually setup a program like CodeLite to use the compiler and linker?
    2. Do you need to use the make_package_npdrm.exe from the Official PS3 SDK to package the program or is their already an open-source version?

thanks

This doesn't look like it's meant to build CellOS Lv-2 executables. Lv-2 uses a different ABI (binary format elf64-powerpc-celloslv2) than the standard PPC64 ABI. I don't see any patches addressing that in the git repo.

If there are any capable toolchain hackers out there wanting to create an open Lv-2 toolchain, take a look at the ABI changes documented in PS3_SDKDoc_e.chm (which was leaked a few days ago) in section "OS Low-level Specifications".

You can compare it to this to find the differences from the standard PPC64 ABI (binary format elf64-powerpc) that the upstream toolchain implements: [Register or Login to view links]

Once we got the toolchain we can worry about the rest (like Lv-2 using the Dinkumware libc / libstdc++ which isn't available for free)

If i just can get the toolchain to work (using ubuntu 10.04) i'll start looking on to make an ecplise build enviroment.

Perhaps even later start sketching on a PS3 Hombrew Plugin for eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by ztripez View Post
    Perhaps even later start sketching on a PS3 Hombrew Plugin for eclipse.
    Take a look here: [Register or Login to view links]

I do confirm that it works, although, I wonder if it would be possible to get a debugger working PROPERLY...

Quote Originally Posted by pragmadev View Post
    I do confirm that it works, although, I wonder if it would be possible to get a debugger working PROPERLY...
    Right now it's hard enough to get the toolchain into a state where it outputs working Lv-2 binaries. Getting GDB remote debugging working is a completely different matter.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News