Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Open Source PS3 SPU IDA Analyzer Module is Now Available

Here is another open source PS3 SPU IDA Analyzer Module for PlayStation 3 developers.

Download: Open Source PS3 SPU IDA Analyzer Module

I didn't know about Jack Chen aka anita999's IDA SPU module until yesterday evening.

So we were actually working on the same.. Anyway I had to finish what I started, and saw that our internal structures defer quite a bit..

If you are interested, binaries and MIT licensed sources can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/ida-spu/

This is a IDA processor module for the IBM Cell Synergistic Processor Unit (SPU) (that can be found in the PS3 for example).

Open Source PS3 SPU IDA Analyzer Module is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Moved to the main page now, and +Rep to mrwicked for sharing this as well!

Wow - is there nothing this device can't do?? IDA - now wow.. that's awesome..

If anyone doesn't know what an IDA is - its basically a data packet inspector - analyzing network traffic on the go.

For example http://www.endace.com/ is a commercial IDA - very good at snooping/recording network traffic - the type of thing that ISPs can deploy to monitor bandwidth etc.

Thanks guys, this is something that will come in handy later , as I have to cover IDA in an online home study I'm doing. Wicked.

Ow and +1 for gtxboyracer, for explaining what IDA does, and means, for them that did not know.

You are kidding right? These guys are talking about this: http://www.hex-rays.com/idapro/

lol i was about to say... isn't IDA like a disk tools?

IDA stands for Interactive Decompiler. It decompiles stuff into half readable assembly like code called ppc.

It probably could be an internet data appliance doing deep level packet inspection but that would take one hell of a CFW and another NIC or two.

IDA disassembles binaries.. it's not a packet sniffer.

IDA isn't a network recording tool. It's exactly that, what FierceDutch posted !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast