Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, i don't even know what this thing does, but if it can be used to piss Sony a little more, great work guys, let's make them cry!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    tried using it with IDA 5.5 but it gave me an error. I opened an ELF and then selected IBM SPU Cell Processor: spu

and the error: Can't set processor type "ppc" because the user has specified processor type "SPU"

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by iCEQB View Post
    You are kidding right? These guys are talking about this: [Register or Login to view links]
    Yes just that, if I'm understanding this right, but running on a PS3.

With the idea of a network traffic analyzer, aided with the advantages of the IBM Cell Synergistic Processor Unit, makes things more interesting.

no not running on a ps3, and it isn't a "network traffic analyzer" IDA Pro is a software suite that people use to help reverse engineering by trying to decompile compiled code into a readable format. this is a plugin module for it for the cell spus.

I did say with the idea of a network analyzer would be nice, in my post. So this is not something that the DEV is working on, to run on a PS3, more of Homebrew plug-in to use within IDA Pro to use on PS3 software, apps.

And there's me thinking some Dev has used this idea of the IDA Pro to run on a PS3, that gave use the ability to see whats going on within the software of the PS3. Or even better helping us see the hidden root-kits Sony have installed on our drives, and then look into whats stored in that root-kit.

Sony did this 5 or 6 ish years ago with root-kits on Audio Cd's, and its been going on ever since, so I know there on the PS3 somewhere. So I was hoping this would aid us in looking at the drives, file system, a little more deeper.

The network thought was just an idea, seeing the app was being written from the ground up using opensource, it would be nice if it was added.

IDA software has been around many years now, and I was only made aware of it because I stumbled upon a thread about some guy who found a SONY root-kit on his PC from an Audio CD. It was a very interesting read and how he traced all the way though to finding how it got there and from whom. I will see if I can find it, It's well worth the read.

I know this is old news now, but maybe of interest to some noobs. This is a Blog of Mark Russinovich's page, here is a thread about the sony root kit, and what he did to find it.

Sony did recall as many as they could that had the root-kit installer on DVDs Cd's and so on, but I bet there still Sony disks on any one's shelfs at home waiting to install it self again, even 5 or 6 years later on.

Here's Marks Blog: blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2005/10/31/sony-rootkits-and-digital-rights-management-gone-too-far.aspxto
    Last edited by daveshooter; 01-31-2011 at 04:04 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12