Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Open PStore Project, PSGroove on ALL PS3 Firmware Versions

Sponsored Links
    Today DemonHades has initiated an Open PStore Project, which aims to deliver PS3 homebrew content directly to your PlayStation 3 console and RichDevX has confirmed that PSGroove may soon be coming for ALL PS3 firmware versions under 3.42, instead of only working on version 3.41.

To quote from DemonHades on Open PStore, roughly translated:

"From TeamHades you are preparing a new, Open PStore, a homebrew that will allow you to download content (legal) directly to your PS3, but if you want or you can connect your PS3 Internet do not worry there is another version for come down from your PC.

Open PStore PS3 Version

This menu consists of a homebrew which interact with a SQL remote to list and display the content. Needs will be logged in and registered for access, since both can make the PS3, if you lose your password you can also recover but in this case you must do so from the PC.

Also must cover in which we suggest content.

Phases

HTTP MySql: mysql behaves the library (or something similar) to PS3 and tested together with the ps3 HTTP library - IN PROCESS (Carrying the library)

Content Management: the whole system is created to manage and display the contents interacting with SQL - ON HOLD

Application of a style: apply a style to make it friendly user interface (maybe in the future can change the style) - ON HOLD

Open PStore PC Version

It consists of a web page from which the sample list content in your browser to let you download and place in the USB for yourself. Also includes registration system has the system login and password change. They are also including portals with content suggestions.

Phases

Content Management: the whole system is created to manage and display the contents interacting with SQL - COMPLETED

Application of a style: apply a style to make it friendly user interface (maybe in the future can change the style) - IN PROCESS

Temporary URL: [Register or Login to view links]"

Finally, some related tweets from [Register or Login to view links] on PSGroove coming to ALL PS3 firmware versions:

"awesome! I successfully executed lv2 privileged code on a ps3 debugging station :D

it means that I'm able to port psgroove to all PS3 FW versions (debug/retail (pre 3.42))

don't update, the vulnerability is fixed in 3.42

FYI: the vulnerability was introduced in ps3 fw 2.01 (2.01-3.41 psgroove is possible)

(Interesting) The 'Unknown USB device has been connected' message was introduced in 2.01"

Open PStore Project, PSGroove on ALL PS3 Firmware Versions

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Right now I'd settle for a 3.42 jailbreak or a working 3.42 spoof so I could access the internetz

Having a very hard time not updating considering I have nothing to jailbreak my PS3 yet except for a PIC18 (not the rest of the parts though)!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice, like a homebrew channel for the ps3 this is great.

Quote Originally Posted by lazybuntu View Post
    Right now I'd settle for a 3.42 jailbreak or a working 3.42 spoof so I could access the internetz

Having a very hard time not updating considering I have nothing to jailbreak my PS3 yet except for a PIC18 (not the rest of the parts though)!
    i've been offline since 3.21

PS3Groove without the need for a disc in drive tomorrow would make it so No1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    i've been offline since 3.21
    I wouldn't mind, but I'm one of the people who got suckered into a PS+ subscription. That and I like the occasional game of fat princess (and SOCOM).

Registered User Whateverwhateve's Avatar
    I am sure I and many others are hoping for a 3.15 version with this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Whateverwhateve View Post
    Yes. And i was thinking. You know how theres the file to turn remote play on? Well maybe there is a firmware version file that can be changed so we could play newer games on 3.15?

Quote Originally Posted by Whateverwhateve View Post
    3.41 "OtherOS" will be gifted upon us in time. Linux is inevitable

Can't wait for this. An all in one homebrew download app SWEET.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News